PO: Merchandise - A Corpse Wired For Sound LP from 4AD

Didn't get any artwork but inside the package with the LP was some guy's Dollar Shave Club package, still sealed in a mailer, with a pack of 4 razors.  Definitely a first.  I had to look at it a few times to be sure it wasn't some weird version of the art piece... but no, it was just an unopened pack of razors. Haha. 

1 hour ago, TPH976 said:

Didn't get any artwork but inside the package with the LP was some guy's Dollar Shave Club package, still sealed in a mailer, with a pack of 4 razors.  Definitely a first.  I had to look at it a few times to be sure it wasn't some weird version of the art piece... but no, it was just an unopened pack of razors. Haha. 

NO WAY! The same thing happened here, too - a padded envelope with a book that someone ordered got wedged into my mailer and bent the hell out of the jacket of my record. 4AD needs to step up their packing game. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

I like it a lot more than After The End. This one is heavier on the OG shoegaze and noise-pop of the 90's. It also feels having a lot more post-punk elements thrown in which I am chalking up to Carson's work with Death Index which was very heavy on post-punk.

This pleases me. Looking forward to hearing it.

Wow - got my copy today and on my way home I was really looking forward to seeing whether I had some bonus limited artwork. But after putting the record on I could give two shits about any artwork - this album sounds GREAT! After the lead track ("Flowers of Sex", the only song I'd heard before pre-ordering) every single track has been awesome! I'm only on track four and I particularly liked "Crystal Cage" and "Right Back to the Start" so far. Way more impressed with this than I was After the End, which has grown on me over time but not that much, and I was utterly bored with it on first listen. If you're on the fence about this album based on the lackluster-ness of After the End, I say get off the damn fence and come this way! I actually like this better than the new Preoccupations at this point, which pains me to say as I've been obsessed with Viet Cong since Cassette.

But about the artwork...I got a roughly 5"x9" white piece of paper with a picture of eggs and some a vintage playing card looking thing pasted onto the paper, and "2016" written in the lower right. I love collage and decoupage artwork, but this one looks nothing like the cool ones posted above and shown on 4AD's album page. Nothing cool or cut-up about it. But who cares, right?

On 9/20/2016 at 8:59 AM, jhulud said:

I like it a lot more than After The End. This one is heavier on the OG shoegaze and noise-pop of the 90's. It also feels having a lot more post-punk elements thrown in which I am chalking up to Carson's work with Death Index which was very heavy on post-punk.

Juan, are you going to Gramps tomorrow to see them?  Let me know...I'll be there...