PO: Bright Eyes - Studio Albums 2000-2011

24 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Emailed Saddle Creek about other retailers carrying and this is the response I got...

Hi Ryan! The box set will be available in brick-and-mortar stores on 9/16 with a list price of $149.98. Exact same thing as what we're selling online - there isn't an online exclusive version.

Thanks!

Nate

Thank god - I need this in my life but I can't spend 150 on records as I'm getting married in 15 days. Unless someone wants to buy this for me as a wedding gift lol

6 minutes ago, seafoamgreen said:

I have the last box set and all the others included in this set already (including that crazy deluxe People's Key which is super awesome and I'll never give up) so this is a tough call for me as someone who likes nice-looking boxes.

Same, but the remastering got me.  Looking forward to this great looking box at a reasonable cost.  

I guess they really are putting the project to bed then. I never believed The People's Key would be the last bright eyes album but I guess I was wrong. I'm sure Conor will continue to play certain songs from the catalog on his solo tours though and since he's often joined by Mike and Nate the soul will never die. 

3 hours ago, Hairy Potter said:

well, since your screen name is noise_floor you kinda have to buy this. Do you plan on keeping your other copies?

I've had them so long that I'd like to maybe get them framed, but if not I'll throw them up on here for cheap for the next fan.

Did anyone else notice the new Digital Ash was a 2xLP? Wonder what's going on with that? The older box set had exclusive Japanese import tracks included on Letting and Fevers, hopefully they'll do something similar for these guys,

2 hours ago, seafoamgreen said:

I have the last box set and all the others included in this set already (including that crazy deluxe People's Key which is super awesome and I'll never give up) so this is a tough call for me as someone who likes nice-looking boxes.

Exactly the same boat with me. I only DON'T own a handful of expensive 7" and a 12" ep by Conor (in any moniker/ band). I will probably buy this, but I REALLY don't need to. In fact, it will probably lead to divorce (which I can cry over as I listen to these records). I'm truly torn.

47 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

Are Bullmoose PO prices generally locked in? I have to switch my credit card at the end of the month so I'd rather wait to order it until then since they don't accept Paypal.

Their system doesn't allow you to switch credit cards once you've ordered.  You have to cancel and reorder.  It's easy, just a little more work.  I ran into this issue at the beginning of the year.

3 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Gosh darnit! I'll have to look tonight if it actually comes out that cheap after tax (CA Sales tax is killing me).

EDIT: Requested a refund from Saddle Creek. Bull Moose claims theres no sales tax. So it might be $130 flat. 

Edited by MCDELTAT