The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

3 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

Ya! I had one in rough trade cart early this am and it was gone before I could checkout. That's ok though, black version ordered on Amazon. Now who has thst extra copy of the first album they want to sell? 

You can easily get that record here in Austin. The last time I was in End of An Ear they had several copies. I can drop by there sometime later today and look to see if they have anymore (a few days ago they had at least 5 copies.)

2 minutes ago, llamason56 said:

You can easily get that record here in Austin. The last time I was in End of An Ear they had several copies. I can drop by there sometime later today and look to see if they have anymore (a few days ago they had at least 5 copies.)

Buy them all, tell them it's for the boards.

12 minutes ago, llamason56 said:

That would be great but I called just now and they say they just sold out. Hopefully you picked em up. If so, lmk and I will gladly buy one from you. 

Edited by bigdz68

10 minutes ago, llamason56 said:

AV Club just put out a good article with some decent starting points if anyone is looking to get more into synth-wave stuff...

http://www.avclub.com/article/stranger-things-score-gateway-synthwave-240466

I can think of another great way to get into synthwave stuff...

49 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's not their first LP, but Norman records has some of S U R V I V E's MF064 EP in stock.

Rough Trade obtained 12 copies the other day that sold out almost immediately and I'm guessing they won't last long at Norman either. Not sure how many they have.

Thank you kind sir!

Better than nothing!

I ordered all the floating points 12" EPs to ease the cost of the shipping...

Damn expensive week for vinyl.

I also called about 12 record stores in/around Austin and struck out. Although Waterloo did say they could get some in from the band again if they were consigned. Maybe they will just repress this and we can get it again. Either way super pumped for the new release and the OST for Stranger Things. Thanks to all for the heads up on new music!

57 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's not their first LP, but Norman records has some of S U R V I V E's MF064 EP in stock.

Rough Trade obtained 12 copies the other day that sold out almost immediately and I'm guessing they won't last long at Norman either. Not sure how many they have.

Thanks for this! Kicking myself I didn't jump on some of their other stuff on Discogs last week. Gone or insane prices now. I'm sure all their stuff will get reissued now. Pretty cool for this band to be breaking out.

1 hour ago, llamason56 said:

AV Club just put out a good article with some decent starting points if anyone is looking to get more into synth-wave stuff...

http://www.avclub.com/article/stranger-things-score-gateway-synthwave-240466

Cool idea featuring some good music to be sure yet filled with inaccuracies. Harmless ones for the most part, but surprising all the same.

Edited by docbronze