The Night Of (HBO Show)

I like a lot of the themes, especially with Naz getting into prison and showing what that broken system can do to even acclimatized civilians but because it's on such a micro scale it makes it makes it difficult to expand the story I guess? 

*(*************I have no fucking clue how to do the spoiler shit so SPOILER I GUESS*******************************

Like it really has to be Duane right? We got the long camera pause in episode one and by episode two the witness lying about being alone. That essentially is the entire set up there. Now the step-dad is a real curveball in the mix because he is so weird. I guess they could go off the board and land with it on him eventually, it would back up her "I can't be alone tonight" line from episode one, implies she knew something was coming, thus someone she knew carrying out the attack would make more sense than a random killing (Duane). Could back that up with witness lying because he just assumed Duane went back and killed her but didn't actually know it for sure. Regardless, it has a tone I like, it looks good, could use a few less of the hype close-ups at the beginning of every scene, we get it, the details are important but otherwise exactly the level I've come to expect from HBO 

Edited by kylekrische

34 minutes ago, ptothedo said:

Overall satisfied with the ending and they left a decent amount of open storylines to either continue using the same characters or go a True Detective route.  

The whole Chandra thing was just, puzzling....  Really dragged it down imho.

I think this was just an 8 part limited run series.  I don't believe there are plans to continue it.  If there was going to be a second season I would have been pretty happy with the ending.  Maybe they left it open ended in case it was successful and they decide to do another season.