PO Soon: TWIN PEAKS

8 hours ago, duckula said:

I guess it's good if you can't find an original pressing.

The best thing about the reissue is having a new, domestic copy. Pretty sure every other version on wax has come from Europe (26 years ago). My OG that I got from Discogs in 2005 still smells like the owner's Yugoslavian cigarette smoke and is in terrible shape.

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

Is there a release date for The Fountain yet? If so, I clearly missed it. Twin Peaks will be widely available everywhere, including physical stores in a month, so I think the only reason to rush to order is if you need it now. I do so I will. Plus, I waited to buy Crash until something else popped up and this definitely qualifies.

No release date, yet...but I thought since Twin Peaks is not limited, I might wait and snag it with The Fountain some time when it finally gets released...

I just want a reproduction of this: https://www.discogs.com/Angelo-Badalamenti-Twin-Peaks-Fire-Walk-With-Me/release/782246  exactly as it was in 1992 so I don't have to drop $200+ on it. No new artwork. No "coffee colored" marble vinyl. No 180g. Just a reproduction of that vinyl LP with that music on it. Why this no happen?

10 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I just want a reproduction of this: https://www.discogs.com/Angelo-Badalamenti-Twin-Peaks-Fire-Walk-With-Me/release/782246  exactly as it was in 1992 so I don't have to drop $200+ on it. No new artwork. No "coffee colored" marble vinyl. No 180g. Just a reproduction of that vinyl LP with that music on it. Why this no happen?

Because Lynch doesn't want it to. And while I dig the nostalgic tug for the original artworks, isn't this all about getting the music sounding good and on wax, affordably? Especially with the FWWM release, the original's fidelity is pretty iffy. This new release will be mastered from the original tapes for vinyl and cut to two LPs. That "should" be a better release. So if Lynch wants artwork that evokes, for him, the feel of his work over the corporate presentations of the original releases, so what? Ultimately, we are probably getting a better record of his and Badalamenti's work and that's the most important part.