PO Soon: TWIN PEAKS

19 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Man, that feels so far away, but I'm incredibly excited.

The wait will be worth it - the first two episodes debut that night, and then immediately following their airing the next two eps (3 & 4) will be available online. Excited to take the next day off of work.

26 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

The wait will be worth it - the first two episodes debut that night, and then immediately following their airing the next two eps (3 & 4) will be available online. Excited to take the next day off of work.

Yeah, I read that. It'll be nice having a lot to watch, and then probably re-watch, right away.

3 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Yeah, I read that. It'll be nice having a lot to watch, and then probably re-watch, right away.

Showtime (and some other networks) do this every so often, but then still air the online content in its regular timeslot. For folks who take advantage of the Twin Peaks online content this would mean a three week wait for "new" episodes. If that's the case (it most likely will be), then I will probably elect to watch them in real time.

Also, of interest is that it seems like all the newly shot material will be presented this year in the form of the eighteen scheduled episodes and not split into two seasons as had been recently rumored.

• 2 weeks later...

$33, Weds

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Music by Angelo Badalamenti. Liner notes by Mark Kermode. Artwork by Sam Smith, package design by Jay Shaw. Pressed on 2x 180g Cherry Pie colored vinyl. $33

Fire Walk With Me is an altogether more brooding affair than the Twin Peaks series soundtrack. Badalamenti won a grammy for the title track of this LP and it’s not hard to see why; it’s dangerous, dark and bristling with smokey jazz so thick you can barely breathe. We went back to the master tapes in the Warner Archives and had this recut to fit across two LPs as the score clocks in at 51 minutes. It sounds incredible and punchy, but super nuanced, too.

•    Director approved artwork
•    Composer approved audio
•    Sleeve notes by film critic Mark Kermode (approved by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti)
•    Vinyl re-master by Tal Miller at Warner Archives
•    Laquers cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl
•    2 x 180G 'Cherry Pie' colored vinyl
•    425gsm Gatefold sleeve housed inside a bespoke black die-cut outer jacket with black spot varnish finish, complete with obi strip.

5FireWalkWithMe_Blog_594a422b-771b-4696-

Edited by aaalethalenforcer

2 minutes ago, al_hunter said:

Anyone know if these will be around for a while? I'd fully intended to order when they go on sale later but I just got informed I'm at risk of redundancy at work and suddenly need to look after all the money I can so record purchases are off for a little while unfortunately.

If these end up selling out right away, I'm pretty sure there's a really good chance they'll put up more "preorders" like they did with the show's soundtrack.  I mean... if it were me, I would hate taking that risk, but I understand the "not wanting to spend the money right now" thing haha.

Edited by FiggyPuddling