"Prophets of Rage is an American supergroup. Formed in 2016, the group consists of Rage Against the Machine's bassist and backing vocalist Tim Commerford, guitarist Tom Morello, and drummer Brad Wilk, with Public Enemy's Chuck D and DJ Lord and Cypress Hill's B-Real.[1][2]

Morello declared to Rolling Stone: "We're an elite task force of revolutionary musicians determined to confront this mountain of election year bullshit, and confront it head-on with Marshall stacks blazing."[1]

The band's name derives from the title of the Public Enemy song "Prophets of Rage" from their 1988 album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. To coincide with their protest performance at the Republican National Convention, the band released their debut single, entitled "Prophets of Rage"."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_of_Rage

I really dig this song. Looking forward to a full length.

Scott saw them play at the RNC in Cleveland.  The video's he posted on FB were pretty sweet, but I feel like Chuck D and B-Real don't have the same flow that Zach has/had.  Not that they're not great, because I do enjoy them fronting, but Zach just has a different sound than them that is just ingrained in my brain whenever I hear any Rage song.

11 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Scott saw them play at the RNC in Cleveland.  The video's he posted on FB were pretty sweet, but I feel like Chuck D and B-Real don't have the same flow that Zach has/had.  Not that they're not great, because I do enjoy them fronting, but Zach just has a different sound than them that is just ingrained in my brain whenever I hear any Rage song.

Completely agree.

14 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I hear Morello and Commerford banging out a rage track but the vocals just sound like they can't keep up (also a complete lack of passion that Z has.) I wanted to like it.

I don't think theres any less passion than Z, they just have a different delivery/sound than he does, so it'll never sound "right", even though its still pretty awesome.

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I don't think theres any less passion than Z, they just have a different delivery/sound than he does, so it'll never sound "right", even though its still pretty awesome.

I have always thought this style of 90s delivery entirely buries any sort of message in cheese. You can see De La Rocha burning a fucking flag and punching someone in the face when he's on but these guys sound like they're pinching their nose and sticking their tongue out at you in between verses no matter what they're talking about. B-Real held it down in the middle but the other two...

4 hours ago, kgry said:

Can we just let the 90s die? Please.

It's an unfortunate trade off. I want tom morello to keep making music. With an electric guitar. But he keeps enlisting singers that were popular in the 90s. 

Imagine this but with Jason from letlive on vocals. Featuring someone like Kendrick or chance. 

2 hours ago, tellallyourfriends said:

It's an unfortunate trade off. I want tom morello to keep making music. With an electric guitar. But he keeps enlisting singers that were popular in the 90s. 

Imagine this but with Jason from letlive on vocals. Featuring someone like Kendrick or chance. 

If they wanted to straight up do RATM2 they coulda probably got Cedric Bixler to quit ATDI again.