Found this and I can't tell if it's fake or not

10 hours ago, MCRTheUsed said:

It's a copy of Fast Times At Barrington High by The Academy Is... on vinyl. It just seems fake, something about it makes me feel like it is fake. Can anyone tell if it is fake or not?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Times-Barrington-High-VINYL/dp/B001MVYUV6

Say "fake" one more time, I dare you.

1 minute ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

You'd think that would be true. But, then again, if someone is making 7 Fraggle Rock variants with a CD-R master... who even knows anymore. 

I'm not saying there isn't a market for the album...it's just not big enough for a bootlegger to bother. 

The Fraggle Rock thing is unfortunate, but caused by a perfect storm of novelty collectors, nostalgia, and the vinyl "bubble." Although, The Academy Is... would have been a perfect candidate for the ETR treatment if they hadn't found a cash cow in the pointless novelty TV show market.

That record exists. I ordered it from Amazon for a friend early 2015 (I live in the US so I can't speak for that listing) and it came with the jacket and record and played fine. It is blue marble/2000. No idea why that many were pressed though.

Edited by N8TRU1
typo