WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

1 hour ago, docbronze said:

Agreed that the 18% should exist through the end of the calendar year, but  they've stated up front in the past that the discount doesn't apply to shipping or subscriptions. In fact, of the four or five different labels I've had subs with, I've never been able to apply a subscriber discount towards a new subscription.

I don't recall them saying it doesn't apply to the sub, but I believe you.  I just don't agree with making a misleading statement then if it is not the case.  It's very easy to put an asterisk there and  specify the exclusions.  I've not done a sub with other labels so I can't speak to how it is routinely handled.  Waxwork has a tendency of addressing these sort of things in buried comments but not making them easily visible for all of their customers.  They've definitely gotten better, but there's still improvement to be had in that department.

I have no prob with it NOT applying to the 2017 sub but there is still one release in the pipeline before the end of the year. Maybe the subscriber link they email out will discount it for us...positive thinking! When I get a chance I will email them asking what the deal is....hopefully a few of us will do the same.

1 hour ago, bigdz68 said:

@hallowken78 

@docbronze

Email came back from Megan at waxwork saying the discount code is "enterable on the site. Please try to purchase again and everything should be working. Sorry for the previous inconvenience."

Wow.  That's a great deal now.  Thanks to whoever put that in motion.

• 2 weeks later...

Not vinyl related but I just got an email saying I was runner up in a bullmoose contest. 

http://www.bullmoose.com/contestentry/119

I get to choose either Chopping Mall, Blood Diner or Waxwork Collections on Blu-Ray I haven't seen any of them. Without looking up anything I'd probably go with Chopping Mall. 

19 hours ago, mmfood said:

I get to choose either Chopping Mall, Blood Diner or Waxwork Collections on Blu-Ray I haven't seen any of them. Without looking up anything I'd probably go with Chopping Mall. 

Then you chose wisely, mmfood. But then you do have good taste. Waxwork is cool and Blood Diner is insane, but Chopping Mall is just right. Perfect 80s horror cheese. A re-watchable as good bad movies get. Congrats, mang.

On 12/17/2016 at 11:24 PM, redroom said:

On 12/18/2016 at 9:20 AM, TheWindBlower said:

$35 shipping on top of an already ridiculously marked up LP. That is laughable.

EDIT: Hell, that isn't that badly priced, I guess. It sold for $800 and the average is $675. People are crazy.

It's absolutely the going rate. Plus, read his description; he's having a kid for chrissakes and outright saying that his priorities have changed a bit suddenly and that he is willing to sell his prized windfall if he gets market value. I don't get the objection. He's honest, transparent, and appears more than happy to keep his awesome record. I wish more sellers were this honest.

7 hours ago, docbronze said:

It's absolutely the going rate. Plus, read his description; he's having a kid for chrissakes and outright saying that his priorities have changed a bit suddenly and that he is willing to sell his prized windfall if he gets market value. I don't get the objection. He's honest, transparent, and appears more than happy to keep his awesome record. I wish more sellers were this honest.

That's all great. Props to him, hope the child is born in perfect health. Props to you for reading the description and all that. That doesn't change my stance that people are crazy to pay that much for a single LP.

Edited by TheWindBlower

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

That's all great. Props to him, hope the child is born in perfect health. Props to you for reading the description and all that. That doesn't change my stance that people are crazy to pay that much for a single LP.

Agreed. That's Monopoly money for an LP to me. Also, if you really want your mind blown, start looking up Italian library records on Discogs and you won't believe the abundance of four digit album sales you'll come across for LPs of random music by people no almost no one has ever heard of. 

32 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Agreed. That's Monopoly money for an LP to me. Also, if you really want your mind blown, start looking up Italian library records on Discogs and you won't believe the abundance of four digit album sales you'll come across for LPs of random music by people no almost no one has ever heard of. 

I'm legitimately afraid to do that, hahaha. I will check it out later though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're doing a repress of the 'purple vinyl' variant of Creepshow soon.  I've seen it on a few sites, but haven't gotten confirmation from Waxwork.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/john-harrison-creepshow-soundtrack-blue-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnb3DBRCX2ZnSnMyO9dIBEiQAOcXYH8EvEqh8Pv8AWoLE6LsSMYV60CLZQ9PgWSwhXLBZ6g0aAmmT8P8HAQ