WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Even at the crazy price you listed it for on eBay, I'm tempted. Would have bitten on a flip if it came during eBay's coupon the other day.

Looks like djghost was pretending like he's willing to help people out here.  Looking at the stuff he has previously sold  on ebay he's one of those that flips Mondo posters and RSD stuff.  At least there are some genuine people on here that have helped me out with acquiring a few records at cost.  How much did the record actually cost though?

Just now, pizza face said:

Looks like djghost was pretending like he's willing to help people out here.  Looking at the stuff he has previously sold  on ebay he's one of those that flips Mondo posters and RSD stuff.  At least there are some genuine people on here that have helped me out with acquiring a few records at cost.  How much did the record actually cost though?

He's helped me out in the past, several times. I can vouch for him being a good dude. I don't fault someone for flipping occasionally I suppose. Or, that is, I don't care enough to care.

And I'd imagine a 3xLP from one of these current labels isn't cheap... $40-50? Hell, that single LP The Thing deluxe was $75 or some shit.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

He's helped me out in the past, several times. I can vouch for him being a good dude. I don't fault someone for flipping occasionally I suppose. Or, that is, I don't care enough to care.

And I'd imagine a 3xLP from one of these current labels isn't cheap... $40-50? Hell, that single LP The Thing deluxe was $75 or some shit.

Well at least he doesn't completely suck. Just didn't look cool to me saying he was "gonna get one for the boards" but then just throws its up on ebay. It's all good though.  If it's around $40-50 I'd get it but $75 is pushing it for a soundtrack. Granted it's on 3 records but I've been reading that waxworks quality control hasn't been the best lately. The cover does look sick and I want to know what's on the inside.

22 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Hmmmm - interesting.   Especially considering I have helped people out on the boards as previously mentioned and even bypassed getting the John Carpenter tour vinyl last year so I can help out two people on the boards here.  And the only reason I knew that the IT was limited to 50 and sold out is because I tried to go back and talk the guy into giving me one more for LethalEnforcer.

The one up is my friend's that I went with and he wanted to put it up.  I'm keeping mine.  And yeah, I do flip once in a while - but I also try to help people out when I can.  This board is cracks me up sometime.  Now kindly fuck off and mind your business. 

20 hours ago, djghost1976 said:

Hmmmm - interesting.   Especially considering I have helped people out on the boards as previously mentioned and even bypassed getting the John Carpenter tour vinyl last year so I can help out two people on the boards here.  And the only reason I knew that the IT was limited to 50 and sold out is because I tried to go back and talk the guy into giving me one more for LethalEnforcer.

The one up is my friend's that I went with and he wanted to put it up.  I'm keeping mine.  And yeah, I do flip once in a while - but I also try to help people out when I can.  This board is cracks me up sometime.  Now kindly fuck off and mind your business. 

No worries, thanks for finding out the release window for the website, I was stressing out every morning thinking I might miss it.  At least I got a couple weeks now 

Any info on the tracklist would be awesome too if you get a chance.  Just wondering if it's the full soundtrack like on spotify or just selections.  

Edited by Dojo Daniel

21 hours ago, Dojo Daniel said:

No worries, thanks for finding out the release window for the website, I was stressing out every morning thinking I might miss it.  At least I got a couple weeks now 

Any info on the tracklist would be awesome too if you get a chance.  Just wondering if it's the full soundtrack like on spotify or just selections.  

I don't know what's on Spotify, but there are 42 tracks on this release (over three records), so I'm assuming it's the full score.  I'll try to post pics up tomorrow of everything. 

I caved and bought this one, too. Picked up a Friedkin signature from the leftovers sale at Amoeba. It is a very good pressing. The thing that surprised me about it is that unlike some film scores of a similar vintage that WW has released recently, such as Taxi Driver and The Warriors, there aren't any extra cuts or cues and the original pressings are widely available. They seem to have sold this one entirely on the new package design. Which is dope by the way. And so am I for buying it.

3 hours ago, gracetoo said:

Yesss! Wonder if it'll have any different music from the widely-available standard press, but no doubt the artwork will justify the purchase.

It would be cool if WW sourced some unreleased music for this release, but I'm honestly not sure how much, if any, extra music there is to be had. 

15 minutes ago, docbronze said:

It would be cool if WW sourced some unreleased music for this release, but I'm honestly not sure how much, if any, extra music there is to be had. 

I just looked at the original and didn't even realize extensive it was, I'm sure it will just be updated artwork. I guess the wonder will  be if its just a repress or it's from a different source / remaster.

Anyone own the original press / hows it sound?

31 minutes ago, gracetoo said:

I just looked at the original and didn't even realize extensive it was, I'm sure it will just be updated artwork. I guess the wonder will  be if its just a repress or it's from a different source / remaster.

Anyone own the original press / hows it sound?

Originals sound good. 2015 repress had mixed reviews.