WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

2 minutes ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Was shocked to see that yesterday as well... He could have a hand in the art/design for it, being he;s done both Wolf Cop's etc

I didn't realize he did the Wolf Cop package designs either. I never saw that written anywhere. The label they came out on, One Way Static, is based in Belgium. Wild.

3 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Was shocked to see that yesterday as well... He could have a hand in the art/design for it, being he;s done both Wolf Cop's etc

Artwork is by Martin Ansin but on his IG feed it shows a pic of the WW logo and has his "ISH" logo on the right side.

That was the second post. Click on his logo in IG for pics

Edited by bigdz68

6 hours ago, maxnadz said:

It'd be cool if Justin got back into the vinyl game. Some of the very first Mondo soundtracks were amazing releases and if I remember correctly he played a big role in that. 

He certainly did. I'm really interested to see how the collaboration came to be between WW and ISH. That said, I still can't find any information on, or indication that, he worked on the Wolf Cop scores. @jeffthomas84, do you have any more background on that?

Edited by docbronze

6 hours ago, maxnadz said:

It'd be cool if Justin got back into the vinyl game. Some of the very first Mondo soundtracks were amazing releases and if I remember correctly he played a big role in that. 

It would be but he has taken on a whole new adventure with the vinyl "sofubi" game. His paintwork is amazing and he has been collaborating with some top notch artists in that industry. If you get the chance, check out his new deadly spawn piece that will be releasing soon. His gallagantus piece is absolutely stunning in person. Be careful though, I started collecting years ago and finally have been able to afford some nice pieces lately.....the prices on some of this stuff makes record collecting seem cheap!

13 hours ago, docbronze said:

He certainly did. I'm really interested to see how the collaboration came to be between WW and ISH. That said, I still can't find any information on, or indication that, he worked on the Wolf Cop scores. @jeffthomas84, do you have any more background on that?

I Don't sadly, tried digging up the article/post i read it. Could be wrong of course, but thought he had worked on it with Thomas Hodge in some manner. 

Seems like a natural move, after being such a integral part of those initial mondo presses. Stoked for him.

4 hours ago, TheGreatMrY said:

Has WW done a print run before? Had nothing in my mind as a reference. Great release day for them overall. The vinyl looks awesome.

They released Jay Shaw's artwork for Rosemary's Baby as a print. I believe it was well after the initial LP was issued, but still a print all the same.

7 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Wonder if some of the big announcement will be Ishmael joining the crew?

Orrr SPINATURES, MOTHA FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. My whole life has been leading up to this moment.

https://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/spinatures

Edited by lethalenforcer