WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

2 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Listen to the score. Outside of the film, not really worth almost $50 to me. I think I only see it as being married to the picture. Rather boring sounding on its own. But hey, lots of people are gonna get it just for the art. We get it.

Are you talking about NotLD or The Haunting Of Hill House?  Cause I was talking about the Haunting Of Hill House.  I only ask cause you mentioned people “buying it for the art” and as much as I like the HOHH art, all they did was take the art straight from Netflix. 

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Are you talking about NotLD or The Haunting Of Hill House?  Cause I was talking about the Haunting Of Hill House.  I only ask cause you mentioned people “buying it for the art” and as much as I like the HOHH art, all they did was take the art straight from Netflix. 

My guess is he was talking about NotLD since he referred to it as a film

Also, I'm watching NotLD now and the soundtrack and it isn't really worth owning on vinyl. It'll be a cool item to have in the collection, but I couldn't see myself listening to it. So far only memorable pieces are the intro & when the zombies are eating Tom and Judy after the truck explosion. 

11 hours ago, pizza face said:

My guess is he was talking about NotLD since he referred to it as a film

Also, I'm watching NotLD now and the soundtrack and it isn't really worth owning on vinyl. It'll be a cool item to have in the collection, but I couldn't see myself listening to it. So far only memorable pieces are the intro & when the zombies are eating Tom and Judy after the truck explosion. 

YES! You guys get it! You are logical beings. I love you. You guys slap! Slap me! 

P.S. Ironically, I got the score the the Tom Savini NotLD. I mean, it's nasty, foreboding and a GOREFEST even in the music dept. Eviscerate me! 

So I got the TMNT soundtrack in the mail yesterday (sounds amazing!) and on the outside of all of their packaging, they have thumbnail images of all of their releases to date printed on the cardboard. All were ones we've seen before except for one MAJOR standout... the final artwork for BEETLEJUICE and the artwork looks sooo good. I'm not sure if this one purposely slipped through the cracks, but I can't wait to get my hands on a remastered version of (IMO) one of Elfman's best. I know they hinted at this back in March, but it looks like it's coming soon if it's on their packaging.

2 hours ago, Zeus182 said:

So I got the TMNT soundtrack in the mail yesterday (sounds amazing!) and on the outside of all of their packaging, they have thumbnail images of all of their releases to date printed on the cardboard. All were ones we've seen before except for one MAJOR standout... the final artwork for BEETLEJUICE and the artwork looks sooo good. I'm not sure if this one purposely slipped through the cracks, but I can't wait to get my hands on a remastered version of (IMO) one of Elfman's best. I know they hinted at this back in March, but it looks like it's coming soon if it's on their packaging.

Cool! Could you upload an image of the final cover of Beetlejuice? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Redder said:

Cool! Could you upload an image of the final cover of Beetlejuice? Thank you!

When I get home from work (and voting!) I will definitely do so. It's just a small thumbnail printed directly onto the mailer with black ink, so it's not super detailed but it's definitely great artwork.

19 hours ago, Zeus182 said:

When I get home from work (and voting!) I will definitely do so. It's just a small thumbnail printed directly onto the mailer with black ink, so it's not super detailed but it's definitely great artwork.

Hey sorry I forgot to post last night. Attached is the image on the mailers. Beetlejuice Waxwork

4 minutes ago, Redder said:

Thank you. Looks good. Do you think it'll be included in the waxwork subscription for 2019? How much will that subscription cost?

Technically speaking, this year is the 30 year anniversary, so I would think this would drop before year-end, but they didn't announce it with their sub for this year and it's probably going to be a huge release, so I imagine they'll want to use it as a selling point for a 2019 sub. I am not a subscriber, though I think I'm going to do it this year, but I think last year it went for like $250. They announce what will be included beforehand so you don't have to take a risk that you won't like all releases, so that's a bonus.

1 hour ago, Zeus182 said:

Technically speaking, this year is the 30 year anniversary, so I would think this would drop before year-end, but they didn't announce it with their sub for this year and it's probably going to be a huge release, so I imagine they'll want to use it as a selling point for a 2019 sub. I am not a subscriber, though I think I'm going to do it this year, but I think last year it went for like $250. They announce what will be included beforehand so you don't have to take a risk that you won't like all releases, so that's a bonus.

Next year's sub will be raised to $350. You will get one less record and sub variants will also ship even later than usual. Worth it for "shelfies" am I right?

7 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Next year's sub will be raised to $350. You will get one less record and sub variants will also ship even later than usual. Worth it for "shelfies" am I right?

There’s no way this can be true. If so I’m out. I have 1 of every WW title. This would be so disgusting I would abandon the label. This has to be false