WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

11 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

The pops and clicks on my copies of House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects are INSANE.  On my third clean and still no progress. 

It really is a crapshoot, which sucks. My copies are fantastic. Really wish Waxwork and Mondo could get their quality control to be more consistent.

Sort of unclear from the post. They say two variants to choose from and then in the comments say subscribers are getting the splatter. So maybe the splatter is not exclusive to subscribers but they are guaranteed one? Strange if that's the case.

I'm not a subscriber, but judging from the comments on all of the posts today, sounds like you are not alone in wondering what's going on with the subscriptions. 

15 minutes ago, mr. sincere said:

Sort of unclear from the post. They say two variants to choose from and then in the comments say subscribers are getting the splatter. So maybe the splatter is not exclusive to subscribers but they are guaranteed one? Strange if that's the case.

I'm not a subscriber, but judging from the comments on all of the posts today, sounds like you are not alone in wondering what's going on with the subscriptions. 

Ya it was confusing especially when they said they sent an email to subscribers. Just don't want to have to buy it and find out it already is coming to us. Not concerned with splatter or not just don't want to double dip! Maybe the email tomorrow prior to on sale will address it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:35 PM, TheGreatMrY said:

What colors are the discs? Can't find any pics.

Not sure, haven't opened it but according to discogs red/blue and orange/red swirl. Which, if accurate, means it's the picture they posted on Instagram the other day. Also sounds like a retail variant will be announced and up for PO this week.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Rip said:

2020 subscription up:

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/all/products/copy-of-2020-waxwork-records-subscription

Pretty meh if you ask me.  I’m gonna pass but I still will probably grab Henry and TMNT.

This is better than last year's (and cheaper).  But would have preferred just F13 Part 7 and not 8 (and swap that with a better title).  I'll probably get it because of the lower price though since shipping is included.

11 hours ago, djghost1976 said:

This is better than last year's (and cheaper).  But would have preferred just F13 Part 7 and not 8 (and swap that with a better title).  I'll probably get it because of the lower price though since shipping is included.

I personally don’t get the hype for all the FT13 soundtracks.  Obviously it’s all personal preference but I feel like that’s one of the ones where you only need the very first one.  Like I have their first Friday The 13th release and I don’t see the need to get the others.  Are the other ones really that memorable or is it just the completist in people?  I’m really not trying to sound shitty, I’m just generally curious.  This is coming from someone who loves all and anything horror related.

8 hours ago, Rip said:

I personally don’t get the hype for all the FT13 soundtracks.  Obviously it’s all personal preference but I feel like that’s one of the ones where you only need the very first one.  Like I have their first Friday The 13th release and I don’t see the need to get the others.  Are the other ones really that memorable or is it just the completist in people?  I’m really not trying to sound shitty, I’m just generally curious.  This is coming from someone who loves all and anything horror related.

I think the horror movie fan completionists are who it’s for. They obviously must sell if they keep doing them but I agree I don’t see any point in buying them or even listening to them. I feel like that for most horror soundtracks now as all the classics and big ones have been pressed by now.   

On 12/7/2019 at 12:36 AM, Rip said:

Well to be fair these two scores weren't composed by Harry Manfredini so they are very different than what he did for the first six films. The first six all have similar elements but are still different for the most part. I can't argue though, it would be tough to pinpoint which composition came from what movie. I have 1, 3 and 5 and will most likely buy part 8 if I can get it at a good price. Part 3 (movie and music) is my favorite out of em all. 

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely think the F13 soundtrack thing is a horror fan completionist thing more often than not.  I bet a ton of copies are sold to collectors that don't even bother to listen.

After bowing out in 2019 I signed back up for the 2020 sub.  It was a little cheaper and I'm not even sure that I want it that bad, but worse-case I'll just unload the ones I don't want on discogs or something.  

The sub still appears to be up for sale - don't they usually cut it off on New Year's Eve?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...