WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

• 5 months later...

Lordy this thread died. Shout out to Waxwork. The Fog finally came in. Fantastic. The pressing is gorgeous, I think it looks better than the mock up. Sounds fantastic. Great packaging with a sturdy sleeve and I love their mailers. It got beat up but the record was still mint.

• 2 weeks later...

Waxwork put out Friday the 13th Part 8 last Friday, and it seemed to have sold out on Sunday. They just restocked 100 of them if anyone is still looking.

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/all/products/friday-the-13th-part-viii-jason-takes-manhattan

I'm not a huge fan of the later F13 movies but my OCD will not let this collection be incomplete.

1 hour ago, Subdomestic said:

Waxwork put out Friday the 13th Part 8 last Friday, and it seemed to have sold out on Sunday. They just restocked 100 of them if anyone is still looking.

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/all/products/friday-the-13th-part-viii-jason-takes-manhattan

I'm not a huge fan of the later F13 movies but my OCD will not let this collection be incomplete.

Thanks for the heads up that this sold out over the weekend. Ordered now as well.

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Looks like the new sub is up for $250. Would really like the Killer Klowns soundtrack but I don't think I'd really like any of the others. Maybe Chainsaw? I don't think I can justify spending that much... don't need the collector's stuff/junk offered.

Hopefully I can come by the KKFOS soundtrack somehow 🙏

4 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

spacer.png

Looks like the new sub is up for $250. Would really like the Killer Klowns soundtrack but I don't think I'd really like any of the others. Maybe Chainsaw? I don't think I can justify spending that much... don't need the collector's stuff/junk offered.

Hopefully I can come by the KKFOS soundtrack somehow 🙏

You’ll be able to.  The subscription is just for exclusive variants.  They’ll be sold on their own in a different variant or standard black.

• 2 weeks later...

Price tag was for sure a little ouchie.  I was being hopeful in expecting $350-$375.  Everything about this looks absolutely worth it though.  18 180g LP’s, amazing/beautiful artwork, incredible looking variants that match the artwork for each sleeve perfectly, big ol tank of a box for it all to go into, and a slipmat.  Price may hurt but once these are in hand, I doubt anyone regrets it.

2 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

Wife will for sure murder me. I knew it was going to be steep, but $450 is going to be tough to swing. 

Any idea on press size or if this is a timed pre-order?

I don’t see anything about it being a timed preorder.  You’d think at that price they’d stick around for a while but then again we don’t know the pressing size either

17 hours ago, Rip said:

I don’t see anything about it being a timed preorder.  You’d think at that price they’d stick around for a while but then again we don’t know the pressing size either

I feel like the projected release date is too soon for it to be an open preorder, but I don’t know much about windows for that type of thing. Also I toyed with it idea and decided this set looks to good to pass up and ordered it.

47 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

I feel like the projected release date is too soon for it to be an open preorder, but I don’t know much about windows for that type of thing. Also I toyed with it idea and decided this set looks to good to pass up and ordered it.

Oh yeah for sure.  3 months seems like it’d be a super quick turnaround for something as massive as this.  Then again that’s probably more of a projected date.  I’d expect that to be off by a month or 2.  Originally they had both of their “Haunting Of...” soundtracks set to ship in December and that was pushed back to January.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, stongo said:

Part 8 arrived yesterday. Looks great; havent had the chance to listen yet though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ0IiSbJvDS/?igshid=jwfoj4bpcf85

That's the sub variant right? 

I think my part 8 was lost in transit. It was shipped out 12/10. Last update was that it departed Memphis 12/29. Not even an "in transit arriving late" message shows 

Edited by pizza face

11 hours ago, pizza face said:

I think my part 8 was lost in transit. It was shipped out 12/10. Last update was that it departed Memphis 12/29. Not even an "in transit arriving late" message shows 

So, this might make you feel better, but I sold a couple things on eBay and shipped them prior to Christmas. I was worried they were lost (no tracking updates for ~2 weeks) and then they both finally updated within the last couple days. I've read that calling the last-documented USPS facility can help move packages along. Maybe worth a shot.

EDIT: What I'm essentially trying to say is that USPS might finally be moving a little more smoothly after their rough holiday season. Not that my packages updating should make you feel better, lol.

Edited by TheWindBlower

12 hours ago, pizza face said:

I have something that hasn't updated since 12/2, also as a departure. Last week I put in a request with USPS to find out what's going on with it and they immediately closed it out and blamed COVID and a surplus of packages.

13 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I have something that hasn't updated since 12/2, also as a departure. Last week I put in a request with USPS to find out what's going on with it and they immediately closed it out and blamed COVID and a surplus of packages.

Yeah because all the packages they've had since the beginning of December are probably being buried by newer packages coming in. That's a long time for something to not be updated though. Hopefully it's not lost. Anything I've had shipped to me within the last week and a half has arrived already so that's such a bullshit excuse. 

Edited by pizza face

• 1 month later...

So WW posted on their Twitter today a gif of a frog on a spinning record, and of course my mind immediately went to “hey is it possible that there might be a release of Les Baxter’s bizarre non-musical soundtrack to the infamous 1972 Frogs?”—and the only like I got was from WW themselves! There’s hope yet! Ha. Maybe they could do a double score on a single record a la Scanners/the Brood since there probably isn’t enough material for two sides. Another weird Baxter score hopefully? 

1 hour ago, deuce8 said:

So WW posted on their Twitter today a gif of a frog on a spinning record, and of course my mind immediately went to “hey is it possible that there might be a release of Les Baxter’s bizarre non-musical soundtrack to the infamous 1972 Frogs?”—and the only like I got was from WW themselves! There’s hope yet! Ha. Maybe they could do a double score on a single record a la Scanners/the Brood since there probably isn’t enough material for two sides. Another weird Baxter score hopefully? 

I wouldn't put anything past Waxwork, wild as that pressing would be. I'm guessing the post is more a nod to their TMNT release, but who knows! 

As an aside, and as a huge fan of Les Baxter's more "traditional" exotica work, I'll never get over how batshit cool the Frogs score is.

EDIT: For a second there, I confused frogs with turtles. My addled brain is clearly lagging, so maybe you're onto something!

Edited by mr. sincere

• 1 month later...

Set your alarms! Rob Zombie’s THE LORDS OF SALEM Original Motion Picture Soundtrack comes to vinyl for the very first time this Friday at 10:00AM CST over at waxworkrecords.com! Features deluxe packaging, new art by Robert Sammelin, 180 gram “Satanic Rite” colored vinyl, exclusive liner notes by Rob Zombie, printed inner sleeves, a heavyweight art print, a 12”x12” 16 page booklet featuring never before seen set photography from Zombie’s personal archive, a bonus live performance 12” EP by Count Gorgann, and more! On sale Friday!

May be an image of 2 people

May be an image of 7 people

May be an image of text

May be an image of 1 person