WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

18 hours ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

Do I buy this without seeing the movie or listening to the soundtrack due to all of the hype? Tough question.

For what its worth, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and just happened to rewatch it last week (its streaming on HBO, I believe). In my honest opinion, the movie is bad. Like really bad, just boring. There are a few scenes that were rightfully creepy or over the top or maybe a little funny. The klown costumes look AMAZING! The effects were very, very good. Now, I like a lot of so-bad-they're-good movies and this one just didn't do it for me. On top of that, that whole time I kept thinking "this score is really dumb". 

I'm just a regular everyday dumbass and my opinion is my own. Hell, I've been begging Waxwork to press the score to Bubba Ho-Tep for a while now. I know a lot of people love Killer Klowns but this one just didn't hit the mark for me.

Go watch it on HBO first, it'll only take you 90 minutes.

20 hours ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

Do I buy this without seeing the movie or listening to the soundtrack due to all of the hype? Tough question.

Not so tough. Watch it. Only reason I want it is coz I saw it a dozen times. Not sure about any hype. Campy af tho, but I like it. The soundtrack is only worth what you put into it IMO ;p

• 4 months later...

“We are beyond thrilled to announce the return of the Waxwork Records Subscription! For the next week, we'll be revealing a new soundtrack title every day that's included for 2023 subscribers! First up, George A. Romero’s DAWN OF THE DEAD Original Theatrical Library Soundtrack 3xLP! You've been asking for it, and we listened! For the very first time on vinyl, you'll be able to enjoy the complete library cues from the original 1978 theatrical release of the retro zombie classic! Enjoy all of the music from the mall and more, and yes, THE GONK is included! Featuring art by Ruiz Burgos!
The Waxwork Records 2023 Subscription goes on sale at 9AM CST on Tuesday 12/13. Due to popular demand, we will have more than 1000 Subscriptions available, but it will still be VERY limited, so don't miss out! 🧟‍♂️

I was actually surprised to see that 1k appears to be the number of subs they managed to peddle in the past.  Always assumed it was closer to the 300 - 500 range.  

I'm having a hard time coming up with titles that would get me on the hook to subscribe again.  The Dawn library cues is cute, but that's a record I know I'm not actually going to spin more than a couple times.

• 2 months later...

Just a PSA that if you receive a defective record from waxwork that you must contact them within 7 days of delivery or you're shit out of luck. 

I received a record then went on vacation but didn't get a chance to spin it before leaving because adult life right. I finally get a chance to spin it after returning home and the record is filled with surface noise even after cleaning it. Each reply they gave me was just a link to their policy, they wanted nothing to do with making it right. They got their money and they were just basically saying fuck off lmao

Definitely going to be more selective with the records I buy from them and if I ever do support them again, will make sure to spin them right away. But just wanted to give a heads up, they weren't budging at all 

Edited by pizza face