PO Now: Alcest - Kodama

Damn.  Finally got around to playing this today, and I'm confident in calling it my favorite Alcest album to date.  The formula they chose for this record definitely resonates better with me than anything else they've done, personally, and I'm exponentially more excited for my clear boxset to show up.  They've won me back, boys.

52 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

Fuck...now I'm worried that I've yet to get it.

What makes you say that?  I ordered about a week ago; early enough that they all variants (minus the magenta marble) were still in stock, afterwards.  It's been complete radio silence on my end, too.  I wouldn't stress just yet.

Although Les Voyages De L'Âme is my tops, and Écailles de lune so, so close in second, it feels so good to hear this from them again. These guys are pure geniuses.

Although Les Voyages De L'Âme is my tops, and Écailles de lune so, so close in second, it feels so good to hear this from them again. These guys are pure geniuses.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:32 PM, Derek™ said:

What makes you say that?  I ordered about a week ago; early enough that they all variants (minus the magenta marble) were still in stock, afterwards.  It's been complete radio silence on my end, too.  I wouldn't stress just yet.

You were right. Showed up randomly today. 

Saving it for the feeder bands of the impending hurricane.

Got my black/magenta 4LP box in yesterday and it is fucking beautiful. The color of the vinyl matches the art perfectly, the prints are gorgeous, came with an autographed piece of what I'll call parchment, and the CD/book is incredible. None of this set was a throw away, everything was done incredibly well - everything but the packaging. My box and the prints inside got severely damaged in one corner because the packaging was kinda half-assed. The records look to be fine, so it is what it is. I'm about to spin this beast now. All in all, I'm glad I went big on this. 

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

My 4xLP box showed up yesterday and I'm on my second listen now (after a few with the mp3s).  It sounds excellent!  The only real complaint I have is that the sides are only labeled with tracks, not numbers.  Bit annoying when you're dealing with 6 sides.

So, my 3xLP has this etching on side 6....

Just curious: how does the additional etching look like and how are the etchings distributed over the 8 sides?

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

So, my 3xLP has this etching on side 6....

Just curious: how does the additional etching look like and how are the etchings distributed over the 8 sides?

I'll take a photo of the additional LP when I get home.  Regarding layout, I think it's identical to the 3xLP.  The 4th has Notre sang et nos pensées on one side and the etching on the other.

Enjoying this immensely on the Black/Magenta!

Anyone got a hook up to some digital, including the bonus track? Got to listen on youtube once, and then the bonus track was taken down. Last I checked I couldn't even pay for the whole thing on bandcamp. Can't find it on Amazon or itunes, though a CD is decent $10.99ppd.

edited: hooked up, thanks Jonathan!

Edited by drds89
wired

• 2 weeks later...