PO: Newmoon - Space 12" LP (FFO: Shoegaze, Dreampop, Nothing)

9 hours ago, Codyoster said:

I recently picked up a black copy of this and was very surprised how thin the jacket was, and the record looked scuffed up pretty bad, glad I only paid $10 shipped for it! The record is very good though

Most EU pressings have thin jackets. Not sure why but they always seem to

On 2/15/2017 at 2:29 PM, Codyoster said:

I recently picked up a black copy of this and was very surprised how thin the jacket was, and the record looked scuffed up pretty bad, glad I only paid $10 shipped for it! The record is very good though

18 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Most EU pressings have thin jackets. Not sure why but they always seem to

I have the black version from Mayfly Records and the purple-in-clear version from PIAS (Europe). The Mayfly version is indeed a very thin jacket with a paper sleeve (and, yes, some scuffing on the record) and an insert with the lyrics and credits. The PIAS version is a normal-sized jacket with a printed inner sleeve instead of an insert. The PIAS variant is definitely a nicer package.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Bert from Newmoon here. I found this thread and felt I need to explain some things. As of right now we are not affiliated with Mayfly Records anymore. After receiving messages of people not receiving pre-orders, them not honoring agreements, and a general radio silence to all of our questions, issues and remarks we will not be working with them any longer. We have not seen the US-pressing of this album for ourselves (and probaly never will). I am very sorry the quality is lacking. We try to do everything to the best of our abilities and hold everything at a very high standard. Having to read that the US-press is not the best it could be breaks my heart.

If you did not receive a pre-order or feel underwhelmed by the quality of the US-release, accept our apologies. Please do not order anything from Mayfly Records, including buying our music on any of their digital platforms. It saddens me to have to say this, but I don't want people to get fucked over any more than already has been the case.

We are talking to some people to see if we can make this album available in the US again in the very near future. It's been a long and tiring ordeal so far, but things are looking up.

Lastly, thank you all for all of the love you have given us on here. Absolutely incredible.

2 hours ago, miserablesound said:

Hey guys,

Bert from Newmoon here. I found this thread and felt I need to explain some things. As of right now we are not affiliated with Mayfly Records anymore. After receiving messages of people not receiving pre-orders, them not honoring agreements, and a general radio silence to all of our questions, issues and remarks we will not be working with them any longer. We have not seen the US-pressing of this album for ourselves (and probaly never will). I am very sorry the quality is lacking. We try to do everything to the best of our abilities and hold everything at a very high standard. Having to read that the US-press is not the best it could be breaks my heart.

If you did not receive a pre-order or feel underwhelmed by the quality of the US-release, accept our apologies. Please do not order anything from Mayfly Records, including buying our music on any of their digital platforms. It saddens me to have to say this, but I don't want people to get fucked over any more than already has been the case.

We are talking to some people to see if we can make this album available in the US again in the very near future. It's been a long and tiring ordeal so far, but things are looking up.

Lastly, thank you all for all of the love you have given us on here. Absolutely incredible.

I personally have not noticed anything wrong with the US pressing.

Shit happens (yes it sucks), just keep on keepin' on.  Looking forward to future releases from you guys.

3 hours ago, miserablesound said:

Hey guys,

Sucks about Mayfly. I had some difficulty with them in the past, but they would eventually send me my records. My US pressing is fine. We're all big fans here. It would be smart to find another US distributor soon to keep the momentum going. Hope you tour the states someday.

5 hours ago, diabretic said:

Why not have Jeremy from Touche release it on his label/deathwish, like the 7"? my us pressing is fine and the album is phenomenal.

I second this. Love the Invitation To Hold 7" that Secret Voice put out. Apart from the thin spine/flimsy jacket, my US pressing is fine too.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...