The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

On 8/4/2016 at 7:26 AM, FiggyPuddling said:

Good, I still have a few hours to deliberately not buy these horrible looking shirts.

What is it about nerdy pop culture shit that makes people buy terrible shirts?

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Good, I still have a few hours to deliberately not buy these horrible looking shirts.

What is it about nerdy pop culture shit that makes people buy terrible shirts?

What I always find amusing is those are exactly the kind of shirts that will be slashed to $1.99 at the local pop culture emporium/mall kiosk in 12-18 months.

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

What I always find amusing is those are exactly the kind of shirts that will be slashed to $1.99 at the local pop culture emporium/mall kiosk in 12-18 months.

I've noticed there are a lot of sites that do the "ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS!" thing to sell $30 shirts that suck because they have some dumb pop/nerd culture reference on them.

And I'm someone who ENJOYS dumb t-shirts. Broken World Media's April fools day shit is like my Christmas. I also own bootleg Eraserhead and X Files shirts, that I fucking love. I got blackout drunk in New Orleans and woke up with a an original poster print They Live shirt. But even I see "Stranger Things Rules" and I'm like "Who the fuck buys that bullshit?"

ANYWAYS: the Stranger Things music is a lot of fun. It sounds a bit too much like every other throwback synth score, but that's not a bad thing. If its vinyl pressing is less than $20 I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I'll be utterly shocked if it's less than $30.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah especially if Lakeshore/Invada are behind it.

And those shirts are guaranteed to be terrible quality - never trust a seller with makeshift mockups like that.

I will say, Fright Rags are at least a legit company. I can't speak for the actual fabric quality, but they had a booth at a 35mm Horror marathon I went to and I was REALLY tempted by their The Thing shirt. All their stuff looked to be of decent quality though, print-wise.

3 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Awesome. So glad they're not leaving anything out - much like Lakeshore's release of Mr. Robot, Hannibal, etc.

Still anticipating each volume to get a 2xLP set via Invada.

3 minutes ago, daegor said:

I was kinda hoping for a Guardian's of the Galaxy style release with the score and soundtrack, but I definitely was more interested in the score (maybe the soundtrack is volume two?  I assume the tracklisting is for volume one only).

It sounds like Vol II will be a continuation of the score. I doubt they'll release the soundtrack but I'd LOVE that. Toto all day, every day.

Lakeshore posted to Instagram saying that "vinyl details [are] coming soon..." so that confirms what we already figured.

I'd venture to guess it'll be two 2xLP volumes with the only mailorder exclusive being a lithograph or something along those lines. Lakeshore/Invada never really blow me away with their releases but I'd love to see them try something different here.

16 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Lakeshore posted to Instagram saying that "vinyl details [are] coming soon..." so that confirms what we already figured.

I'd venture to guess it'll be two 2xLP volumes with the only mailorder exclusive being a lithograph or something along those lines. Lakeshore/Invada never really blow me away with their releases but I'd love to see them try something different here.

I think there's room for hope there, Lethal. Invada did those amazing Hannibal scores. There were two, 2xLP for each season and there were colored variants for each. Gimmicks aside, it was an incredibly thorough release series and the fidelity was quite high. 

4 minutes ago, docbronze said:

I think there's room for hope there, Lethal. Invada did those amazing Hannibal scores. There were two, 2xLP for each season and there were colored variants for each. Gimmicks aside, it was an incredibly thorough release series and the fidelity was quite high. 

Similar strategy for Mr. Robot, though I think the white wax version is the only one available. Could be wrong. I'd love a limited variant of Stranger Things but feel they may just make things simpler as they anticipate it selling regardless of exclusivity. We shall see!

Now that Twin Peaks has come and been preordered, this has all my attention.

8 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Similar strategy for Mr. Robot, though I think the white wax version is the only one available. Could be wrong. I'd love a limited variant of Stranger Things but feel they may just make things simpler as they anticipate it selling regardless of exclusivity. We shall see!

Now that Twin Peaks has come and been preordered, this has all my attention.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. As long as they put out all the tunes on those CDs on the LPs, I'll take whatever color wax they have laying about the plant. I'm as ready as can be.