The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

1 hour ago, kisol said:

Might be wishful thinking but a Mondo release makes the most sense to me. They do share a hometown with the score's composers...

I liked how the dude from SURVIVE in that one interview was like "yeah we don't know those guys [Mondo]" and abruptly changed the subject.

Edited by lethalenforcer

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I liked how the dude from SURVIVE in that one interview was like "yeah we don't know those guys [Mondo]" and abruptly changed the subject during an interview.

Yep. They obviously don't care much about other labels much lol. Also they're gonna play the soundtrack live. You know how jealous I an of those folks? Would be so psyched to see that.

Edited by Vector53

23 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I liked how the dude from SURVIVE in that one interview was like "yeah we don't know those guys [Mondo]" and abruptly changed the subject.

18 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Yep. They obviously don't care much about other labels much lol. Also they're gonna play the soundtrack live. You know how jealous I an of those folks? Would be so psyched to see that.

The guy who runs Blood Music (who've pretty much lead the charge in the synthwave "scene") posted on Facebook about a "group" that he nearly signed a year or so ago, who had some bizarre and pretentious demands which caused him to cease communications. I'm almost positive it was SURVIVE - especially given the comments on Mondo too, which is a bummer. 

2 hours ago, GhostTrail said:

The guy who runs Blood Music (who've pretty much lead the charge in the synthwave "scene") posted on Facebook about a "group" that he nearly signed a year or so ago, who had some bizarre and pretentious demands which caused him to cease communications. I'm almost positive it was SURVIVE - especially given the comments on Mondo too, which is a bummer. 

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Haha yeah that sadly sounds just like them.

Wait, why? Are S U R V I V E known weirdos or something?

4 minutes ago, docbronze said:

My assumptions were purely based on the fact that they were described as a "band" in the post, but were clearly synth artists given the context. It was also mentioned that they had just announced a new album. Here's the post for context:

Insane and amazing reaction to the Gost "Non Paradisi" cover art!

Gotta say, even more excellent because there was one band (who I will not name, sorry) that I was talking about signing with at this same time last year ...

Negotiations were going really well, we were really close to finishing the deal. Suddenly, they became standoffish. Things started to unravel in a matter of days in a way I've never seen before. As things got worse, they told me that IF they signed with me, I had to promise them that they HAD to be more popular than GosT. Hah!

They literally expected me to hold GosT's career back so they would always have more fans than him. That was the moment I walked away.

Their new album was recently announced and got WAY less attention than the "Non Paradisi" album cover post, so huge thanks for that.

I think that was the weirdest, most diva-esque shit I've ever seen in this biz.

24 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Following up on ghosts post above, I've read a few interviews where they've come off a bit pretentious perhaps, but nothing offputting. So it wouldn't surprise me if they were a bit difficult to work with.

1 hour ago, docbronze said:

sorry about my last post, something wrong in the textbox and i cant delete it.

anyway i know someone who has met them, he said they were super nice. i also spoke with adam when i emailed holodeck about something and he was cool.

When did they sign to Relapse?  My guess would be they probably suddenly got standoffish because they had just signed to another label.  The Gost quip sounds like it was probably a joke, perhaps sent over email or in a way that it was misunderstood.  That would be my guess anyway.

Edited by hammertime

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Lakeshore announced they will be at Mondocon. Prepare for a shitshow if they release a special variant. First in for, "Can someone PLEASE pick me up the Stranger Things variant at Mondocon?"

Uh yea me too I'm gonna need this.

plus 1 for a vinyl buddy !! I'm a great guy !

Making the price point the main factor, I think I figured out a way to make these mixtapes that will keep the aesthetic, yet they won't be a straight up one-to-one clones (this would on a whim regardless, you don't see the tape very well in the show in general).

I'll need to pre-sale at least 6 copies to make this worth the material shipping cost alone. If I don't reach that within 2 weeks I'll refund everything and we'll forget this project ever happened :D. Also I have horrendous handwriting but can fill out the tracklist for you if you want, please mention it in the check out notes otherwise I'll send it to you blank!