The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

Pulled the trigger on this red one since it's the first moderately priced one that I was able to get into my cart. Also chose this time to stock up on those new Album Leaf and Nothing colored variants I've been waiting for. Either way, glad I can get the anxiety out of my head over missing the VMP or Hot Topic orders.

Edited by jonnywreck

56 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

New Variant alert:

Translucent red directly from S U R V I V E's bandcamp and Relapse, ltd to /500

https://survive.bandcamp.com/merch/stranger-things-ost-volume-one-2xlp-translucent-red

http://store.relapse.com/item/42316

Crap. I bought the red as my backup to my smoke order being canceled. I was really hoping for a translucent red, considering that it matches the color of the show logo.

if they were really serious about this release it would have been done via 8 Track or Reel to Reel.

Also, if it doesn't come with dust on it that won't allow me to blow it away like an NES game cartridge, proves to me that they just gave up.

I recall in 1986 listening to vinyl on my all-in-one system and my memory is fuzzy here, but i dont remember any of them being a smoke splatter dragon blood iris twirl clown wig midwest sunset pedophile prison suit orange haze.

FUCK

36 minutes ago, 74R said:

Somebody post their spreadsheet regarding the amount of variants released so far.

I no somebody here has one...

Updated today:

Stranger Things Vol. 1

• Black
  • Clear (Ltd retail, /500)
  • Red/Blue Split (Non-Americas retail, /?)
  • Smoke (Indie, /1500)
  • Aqua Splatter (Invada, /1000?)
  • Red/Black Swirl (VMP, /511)
  • Red/White Swirl (Hot Topic, /500)
  • Red Transluscent (Relapse, /500)
  • ...and then whichever one winds up being in the box set

52 minutes ago, highfives said:

Jesus, I knew the demand for this was big, but not this big.

49 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

this is just the tip of the iceberg

hype kills sells

While there is no denying the hype around this release, the fact is (despite the naysayers) that if you are into scores and/or synth music this stuff is legit good.  I prefer my scores where they take the queues and combine or expand them to make full songs, but even with the negative mark I quite enjoy the score and have listened to it several times, and I know given the similar albums I currently have in my collection that this will see a fair bit of table time.

I'm waiting to hear more about the boxset (it seems silly to me to release this in two separate volumes).  If it's too expensive I'll just grab whatever is still available or wait for the inevitable repress.

4 minutes ago, craiginphilly said:

Awesome. Been buying from them for years now and I never knew this. thanks!!!

Cart fill responsibly. Some stores actually allocate the item(s) to your cart, so if you fill er up all the way it will show sold out for everyone else (I don't believe this happens at Relapse). So be sure if you must try and figure out how many copies of something are left that you quickly empty your cart so you don't stop others from ordering.