The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

On 10/14/2016 at 9:17 PM, idioteque... said:

So how does a non member go Of getting one?

Also, if you want to take a chance with an album of the month, you can sign up for a monthly subscription ($27) and if you get a referral code you can get $10 off (either apply towards Stranger Things or your monthly membership).  But I have a feeling it's going to be a blood bath to get this today.  

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

Also, if you want to take a chance with an album of the month, you can sign up for a monthly subscription ($27) and if you get a referral code you can get $10 off (either apply towards Stranger Things or your monthly membership).  But I have a feeling it's going to be a blood bath to get this today.  

Just wondering... why do you think the VMP variant will be a bloodbath when the other variants haven't even sold out?  Is it more limited or something?

Edited by freedumb
Less to more

3 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Just wondering... why do you think the VMP variant will be a bloodbath when the other variants haven't even sold out?  Is it more limited or something?

I don't know what other variants are limited to but the VMP one is limited to 511.  Just because there's been a lot of hype about it on their forum and on Facebook and Twitter.  One of the staff posted that they expect it to sell out quick so anyone that wants one should add it to their cart and check out immediately.

Edited by YouTwo

Waiting on the VMP variant that comes out today since I've slept on all previous preorders for Volume 1 and I could put my member subscription to good use.

I'm loving the variant descriptions for Volume 2 - almost to the point where I'm tempted to buy all the variants based on their names alone. I'm most likely going to buy a blob variant since they're so unique and I don't have many clear-vinyl-with-color 'blob' variants in my collection to begin with.

4 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Well, all of the confirmed /500 variants of Vol. 1 sold out really fast (clear, translucent red). Since this one is a similar pressing # (+ 11) and is a club edition, I bet it goes quick. Some people they're advertising to are also probably nowhere near being educated enough about the mass variety of versions there are for these.

I wound up canceling all of my other Vol. 1 preorders and am going to go with the VMP version this morning. I think I dig the (mockup) look of it more than any of the others.

Invada's Vol. 2 variants are now up for preorder, by the way (red/white/blue splatter and the blobs).

1 minute ago, mastenator23 said:

After 50 mins, accidentally adding 3 and finally getting through it says sold out

Same thing happened to me - was somehow able to update to 1 and jam refresh in time to nab a single copy.

What a nightmare for them right now. Their Twitter feed is in flames.