The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

1 minute ago, docbronze said:

Sweet collection, but most of those records look warped beyond belief. Shame.

Hah, the bottom green one looks oval due to the terrible picture quality.

That picture is like It's A Wonderful Life for me, showing me the path I almost took.

In that timeline, I'm also dead right now. Suicide or wife, not sure.

6 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Hah, the bottom green one looks oval due to the terrible picture quality.

That picture is like It's A Wonderful Life for me, showing me the path I almost took.

In that timeline, I'm also dead right now. Suicide or wife, not sure.

Not worth it imo. Literally I can still causally get most of these variants without much fuss. Still waiting on that mythical boxset.

Edited by Vector53

• 2 weeks later...

We're on a website dedicated to buying music on huge ass wax discs. We all got problems.

Also to note, sent a tweet to Lakeshore/Invada about that boxset and they told me they're still 'working on that'.

Edited by Vector53

13 minutes ago, mastenator23 said:

But you do give a shit or you wouldn't have commented. 

He give so little of a shit that it infuriates him and eats away at his very innards that some of us would be so naive as to think he actually gives a shit, so he continually monitors the board to make sure no one has mistakenly pointed out that perhaps he does give a shit, all the quicker to strike back and reiterate that he clearly could not give less of a shit. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Spend $700 on the soundtrack to an 8 episode series, I don't give a shit. Just saying, it's definitely obsessive behavior.

unjust hype creates obsessive behavior in weaker individuals 

Edited by ethereal

Curious to hear how throughbeingcruel feels about this thread in general.  I'm not arguing that owning 2 or 20+ copies of one album is unnecessary, by definition of the word.  But considering how bonkers the community gets over variants and limited releases, I think it's a little insulting to label variant fever as an obsessive compulsive order – if not solely to the people who actually suffer from that.

Just a friendly reminder that that's a legitimate disorder and not just cute slang for wanting to own colored wax or being particular about the way your desk is arranged.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Curious to hear how throughbeingcruel feels about this thread in general.  I'm not arguing that owning 2 or 20+ copies of one album is unnecessary, by definition of the word.  But considering how bonkers the community gets over variants and limited releases, I think it's a little insulting to label variant fever as an obsessive compulsive order – if not solely to the people who actually suffer from that.

Just a friendly reminder that that's a legitimate disorder and not just cute slang for wanting to own colored wax or being particular about the way your desk is arranged.

Need some ointment for that rash? Sounds like your ass hurts. 

On 1/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Spend $700 on the soundtrack to an 8 episode series, I don't give a shit. Just saying, it's definitely obsessive behavior.

I've never understood why some care what others spend their money on. He didn't take the $700 from your wallet right? If the answer is no than why bother to repeatedly post about this? We're on this earth for one life...Do what makes you happy. If that's collecting varients for a 8 episode show...Go go it!

4 minutes ago, Armyofdarknessaw said:

I've never understood why some care what others spend their money on. He didn't take the $700 from your wallet right? If the answer is no than why bother to repeatedly post about this? We're on this earth for one life...Do what makes you happy. If that's collecting varients for a 8 episode show...Go go it!

Yeah do what makes you happy, burn a church, fuck it