The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

Specs for the Lakeshore US "Deluxe" editions:

STREETDATE :
Friday July 14th

RETAIL PRE-ORDER DATE:
Retail Accounts may make Pre-Orders available to consumers starting Monday April 3rd.

LIMITED TIME OFFER :
All Retail Orders Placed by EOD on Monday July 16th will be filled. No orders will be filled after this date.

Stranger Things Collector’s Edition Vinyl :
– New Album Cover of “Boys on Bikes” Key Art
– New 4/C Disc Sleeves w Liner Notes (Duffer Bros Vol 1 / Composers V2) * not pictured *
– 11×22 Fold Out Poster (“Retro Montage” Vol 1 / “Boys On Bikes” Vol 2)
– Five 4×6 Character Cards (Kids Vol 1 / Adults Vol 2)
– Hand Pressed 180g Multi-Colored Blend Vinyl Discs (See Photos)
– Upgraded Heavy Weight Print Stock
– Only One Retail Version for All Accounts (No Account Specific Variants)
– All photos are for display purposes only, they are not to scale and actual vinyl colors / coloration may differ in appearance.
– $44.98 SRLP EACH VOL

So, they're charging $45 because it includes a poster and a few postcards? Sounds about right.

I really dig the show and the music. The dreamer in me hoped an innovative vendor would get licensing privileges and come out with a single really cool release. Unique artwork, inspired packaging. I remember posting in the Mondo thread the day the show streamed, pining how great it'd be to see them release the soundtrack.

Instead it's like we're continually handed snuff videotapes, a la Lost Highway, watching people get bent over by Lakeshore and Invada. You can't blame them for capitalizing on the perfect recipe of ST's popularity and the interest in vinyl, but it just smells and tastes like shit.

We all saw how quickly they rushed the first copies out for PO. But now that this "special" release is showing a hilarious lack of anything worthwhile... blergh.

22 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

So, they're charging $45 because it includes a poster and a few postcards? Sounds about right.

I really dig the show and the music. The dreamer in me hoped an innovative vendor would get licensing privileges and come out with a single really cool release. Unique artwork, inspired packaging. I remember posting in the Mondo thread the day the show streamed, pining how great it'd be to see them release the soundtrack.

Instead it's like we're continually handed snuff videotapes, a la Lost Highway, watching people get bent over by Lakeshore and Invada. You can't blame them for capitalizing on the perfect recipe of ST's popularity and the interest in vinyl, but it just smells and tastes like shit.

We all saw how quickly they rushed the first copies out for PO. But now that this "special" release is showing a hilarious lack of anything worthwhile... blergh.

120e9b25bf1fb2c03c5d68afc71a7544.gif

Welp, should have just known how this was going to go down. And you don't even get a box for the Volumes either. Might just go with black records at this point. Still can't believe they didn't do a waffle picture disc.

2 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Welp, should have just known how this was going to go down. And you don't even get a box for the Volumes either. Might just go with black records at this point. Still can't believe they didn't do a waffle picture disc.

Apprently invadas will be housed in a box (see: cheap slip cover) that hasn't been pictured in mock ups yet. Still a total joke. Why wouldn't lakeshores also be in a slip? Not that it'd justify anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...