The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

22 minutes ago, LeeKaye said:

Fair enough. I am just very used to seeing complaints about shipping costs even when reasonable, as US buyers usually aren't subjected to them as much.

Here we go with this again...

This isn't a good counter argument. Just because shipping costs have always sucked for you doesn't mean people who live stateside should be 100% down to pay out the ass for shipping when the tables are turned or that they're being ridiculous for dismissing the purchase altogether because of it. That's like someone who's spent their entire life in a wheelchair telling you that you shouldn't be upset both your legs were torn off in a freak accident.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

I can't see any limited number information.
It seems like they will pop this one out like pancakes and only limit the 4LP boxset :/

4 minutes ago, T2000 said:

I can't see any limited number information.
It seems like they will pop this one out like pancakes and only limit the 4LP boxset :/

Their mailorder exclusives are always limited, they just sometimes don't reveal what the pressing number is. Or seemingly keep it as an "open order" for a period of time until they yank it.

All I am saying is, for 90% of the releases you in the US get a good deal...and it seems irksome to many they have to pay anything over 5 quid. To be honest I am making a general point which also includes ebay buyers that harangue me about shipping even when I lose money send stuff over there.

The point I was trying to make is that even comparing like for like, I think over here, we are charged more. 'Rip off Britain' is a real thing and to package stuff up and send to the US is probably more costly than a comparable service to you lot. Plus you are all benefiting from the conversion given our economy is bad and about to get a lot worse. You can probably all club together and buy most of London soon.

Anyway, your analogy only really works if his legs grow back.  ;)

28 minutes ago, fish said:

When i order from Rough Trade UK and ship to America double LPs are 8.5 pounds and they deduct all of the VAT as well which almost offsets that. So i get spoiled there. I'm still hoping the band has some copies on tour when i see them a few days after the release date.

Guessing Invada include some tracking of some sort. I know RT don't.

11 minutes ago, LeeKaye said:

All I am saying is, for 90% of the releases you in the US get a good deal...and it seems irksome to many they have to pay anything over 5 quid. To be honest I am making a general point which also includes ebay buyers that harangue me about shipping even when I lose money send stuff over there.

The point I was trying to make is that even comparing like for like, I think over here, we are charged more. 'Rip off Britain' is a real thing and to package stuff up and send to the US is probably more costly than a comparable service to you lot. Plus you are all benefiting from the conversion given our economy is bad and about to get a lot worse. You can probably all club together and buy most of London soon.

"Ripping off Britain since 1776". If VC put this on a shirt I'd buy it :lol:

Transmission has the red/blue split as well, may be a bit cheaper shipped:

http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/stranger-things-vol-1/?mc_cid=3a9b528808&mc_eid=e9766a3790

Edit:

Also looks like the Invada variant is down to 800 copies left, not sure how many they started with though.

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 hour ago, LeeKaye said:

Well, with the whole brexit thing.  What I've noticed is that conversion rate seemed to increase because things are more expensive in USD now.    That's just my experience as of late ordering from Amazon Uk.

Edited by idioteque...

Incredibly disappointed with how this release is being handled. 7 variants confirmed with more on the way for just the first volume.  Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow to find out this Lakeshore/Invada mess was just a bad dream and Mondo/Death Waltz is now accepting pre-orders.  

23 minutes ago, kisol said:

Incredibly disappointed with how this release is being handled. 7 variants confirmed with more on the way for just the first volume.  Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow to find out this Lakeshore/Invada mess was just a bad dream and Mondo/Death Waltz is now accepting pre-orders.  

Unclear with why this is disappointing?

I would say they could have just waited for everything to be ready or have already put up all of their preorders with mock-ups but can you blame them for not wanting to get on the bandwagon and put up some preorders while interest in this brand is so high? I mean everything that this band is involved in is selling out because of this show now.

Edited by Vector53

11 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Unclear with why this is disappointing?

Maybe he was trying to collect every variant? I don't blame their approach with variants - blood was clearly in the water, and these things are selling like crazy. If you look at it from another perspective, I guess it's pretty cool that there are so many options available (although some have been a bit difficult to obtain). I've ordered a bunch of these already but may wind up canceling what I can and just settling on the eventual box.

Edited by lethalenforcer