The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

17 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Good for SURVIVE. It's nice to see a small band, do what they do, and do it well, and then become really successful. I hope they get a huge chunk of change from this release. Because they are likely just going to use that money to buy more synths and continue to make great music.

I'm really excited for their LP to drop on September 30th! More so than this OST.

Unfortunately, if I understood Kyle correctly, Netflix owns the music so they're getting dick from these sales :(  But it has brought a lot of attention to survive so that's awesome .

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Sold out in just a few hours. Every version of this is absolutely flying.

The Invada one is down to 25 copies left. The run was probably either 1000 or 1500.

That's insane....wonder what the new SURVIVE record /250 will sell for once on secondary market once it comes out. 

1 hour ago, mastenator23 said:

Unfortunately, if I understood Kyle correctly, Netflix owns the music so they're getting dick from these sales :(  But it has brought a lot of attention to survive so that's awesome .

This is true. I haven't really gotten into current stuff like their sound but fell in love with it during the first episode of the show. But now I have a ticket to see their record release show on the 30th, will buy that record, and will buy their first album once it gets repressed.

6 minutes ago, mayoroftelevision said:

will buy that record, and will buy their first album once it gets repressed.

I was finally able to find a (sealed) copy of their first EP and spent quite a bit - the guy sent the damn thing in a large evelope with no support. Came with every corner bent to shit. Damn you, first time seller.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

I was finally able to find a (sealed) copy of their first EP and spent quite a bit - the guy sent the damn thing in a large evelope with no support. Came with every corner bent to shit. Damn you, first time seller.

PayPal dispute their ass. If they've ever received a record in the mail, they know how to send them. 

The red version is selling for $100+ on eBay now. Jesus. Each limited variant is going for insane amounts.

Funny that people are selling the clear, though - there have been like 10 sold on eBay already. Hopefully some of them get cancellations from retailers and they have to refund their auction winners.

Edited by lethalenforcer

4 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

FatBeats finally sent out an e-mail that their allotment of clear vinyl likely won't be what they expected.

Waiting for SRC to do the same... and pretty much everyone else for that matter.

I followed up with FatBeats after I got my e-mail. They said they wont have the orders straightened out until October 7th (at the latest).