Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

My Mellow and Odelay from Bong Load came in today... My Mellow Gold is #0001 (I always assumed the label kept that). My Odelay is 675. PS... posted the 0001 on my Instagram (Sillybarry if you wanna see constant pics of records and my kids) and it was nice of Bong Load to reply

Edited by sillybarry

2 hours ago, sillybarry said:

My Mellow and Odelay from Bong Load came in today... My Mellow Gold is #0001 (I always assumed the label kept that). My Odelay is 675. PS... posted the 0001 on my Instagram (Sillybarry if you wanna see constant pics of records and my kids) and it was nice of Bong Load to reply

wow, got #39 on Odelay and thought that was pretty good.

5 hours ago, sillybarry said:

Thats awesome! Congrats on that

12 hours ago, sillybarry said:

Better luck than I had, I am in Canada and they shipped UPS who charged me a $40.00 "Brokerage fee", on top of that it cost me $98.00 USD to order these. Both of mine arrived looking like someone deliberately damaged them, I mean I have honestly never received more damaged records. 

Edited by GazHilarant
Bad phone grammar.

24 minutes ago, natenomm said:

I don't know if it means anything, but it sounds like they have plans for future releases, too. They favorited a Tweet mentioning that they may be familiar with a couple of other Beck albums, so maybe those are coming up next? Eventually? 

MidnitefuckingVultures

1 hour ago, GazHilarant said:

Better luck than I had, I am in Canada and they shipped UPS who charged me a $40.00 "Brokerage fee", on top of that it cost me $98.00 USD to order these. Both of mine arrived looking like someone deliberately damaged them, I mean I have honestly never received more damaged records. 

This doesn't bode well for a fellow canadian.

:(

On 8/12/2016 at 0:30 AM, freedumb said:

I could've swore i read there was going to be a larger pressing of this on black in a few months but now I can't find this info anywhere.  Is this true or am I losing my mind?  

(I am not talking about a PLAIN pressing, nor a BOOTLEG).

There is a Geffen US version on standard weight vinyl dropping on Sept 16th and an Interscope EU version on 180 gram virgin vinyl dropping on Sept 9th (both Geffen, Interscope and A&M - same parent company). There were pre-orders up for both that came and went fairly quickly at roughly $20 and $40 respectively. The only one I see still taking pre-orders is SoundStageDirect for the Interscope UK import (see link below). I'm sure local shops were able to order both for early Sept inventories so check with them...

(currently 20% off)

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/beck-odelay-import-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

all of the above applies to "Odelay" only - so far "Mellow Gold" is a Bong Load only Ltd release

Good luck!

Edited by JimandTara

3 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

If it hasn't been mentioned.. 

Waterloo in Texas has some...

They will ship if you call over the phone...

Hope this helps at least one person since I found this info on the Hoffman forums.

Do you know if they have Elliott Smith 'XO'? This thread seems to be mainly focused on Beck but that's the one I missed that I'm still looking for