Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

13 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Thanks, you posted this then it sold right away.  Can't beat free advertising.

Yeah everyone on here was rushing to buy it, I'm sure. 

13 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Thanks, you posted this then it sold right away.  Can't beat free advertising.

Yeah everyone on here was rushing to buy it, I'm sure. 

• 1 month later...

I bought both Beck and both Elliott Smith albums and realized these are albums I don't really need to own. I've only listened to them each once. I'm looking to sell them for around what I paid. Which ended up being around $50 Canadian ($36 USD). Anyone in the Toronto area interested in these? Or anyone in the US want these  and to pay for shipping? 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Damn... I swear when these first went up, they started popping up other places.

You're right.  Other retailers were selling these, but they were all the same red/black swirl /2016.  There hasn't been a cheap UME reissue of Mellow Gold like there was for Odelay, Sea Change, and Guero.

8 hours ago, highfives said:

You're right.  Other retailers were selling these, but they were all the same red/black swirl /2016.  There hasn't been a cheap UME reissue of Mellow Gold like there was for Odelay, Sea Change, and Guero.

Ahh I see.  Okay thanks.  I'll either wait it out for a standard black repress or just say fuck it and pay for this one.

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Ahh I see.  Okay thanks.  I'll either wait it out for a standard black repress or just say fuck it and pay for this one.

The word going around when these dropped (I think from Bongload) was Mellow Gold wasn't going to get the UME cheap treatment.  It was only going to come out through Bongload.  But who knows if that is true or not.  It's easy to say that to hype up your $35 reissue prior to seeing the $20 version come out.

9 hours ago, highfives said:

There hasn't been a cheap UME reissue of Mellow Gold like there was for Odelay, Sea Change, and Guero.

There will be though, at least according to all of the press around the announcement of the reissue series:

http://pitchfork.com/news/68446-beck-launches-vinyl-reissue-series-with-odelay-sea-change-and-guero/

" Reissues for Mellow Gold, Mutations, Midnight Vultures, The Information, and Modern Guilt are also forthcoming. "

3 minutes ago, dartmike said:

There will be though, at least according to all of the press around the announcement of the reissue series:

http://pitchfork.com/news/68446-beck-launches-vinyl-reissue-series-with-odelay-sea-change-and-guero/

" Reissues for Mellow Gold, Mutations, Midnight Vultures, The Information, and Modern Guilt are also forthcoming. "

Maybe we'll see them when the next round comes through.  Waiting on that Vultures.

• 4 weeks later...

lAXpg8j.jpg

The jacket on my copy of XO was poorly glued and fell apart not long after I got it so I emailed them and asked if they had any extras. Long story short, I sent mine back and received copy #420 in exchange. Wondering if they kept it sitting around, or if they stamped an extra specifically for me. Pretty fuckin' funny. nonetheless.

Edited by DOMAN127

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Bullmoose is taking pre orders on an Italian import of Mutations. They say it's out on April 7th. 

I wonder if a Bongload colored vinyl pressing is happening soon. 

I'd guess Bongload will put out theirs before the UME versions go out.

Can anyone comment on the quality difference between the Bongload Odelay and UME Odelay?  I'll probably just do UME for the rest of the reissue series since they're half the price.

1 hour ago, highfives said:

I'd guess Bongload will put out theirs before the UME versions go out.

Can anyone comment on the quality difference between the Bongload Odelay and UME Odelay?  I'll probably just do UME for the rest of the reissue series since they're half the price.

I think the mastering is the same, QC on the UME stuff is pretty shoddy, my friend's Guero had "no-fill" and his Odelay was gunky looking but it cleaned up ok. I had no issues with my Bongload Odelay it's a higher quality sleeve and inner but I dunno if in hindsight I'd pay double

• 4 weeks later...