PO: Warpaint 'Heads Up' Pink + Black LIMITED at Rough Trade

Warpaint 'Heads Up' with Rough Trade exclusives

Limited-edition DELUXE 2xLP package includes:
- 1 pink, 1 black vinyl LP
- Webstore-exclusive “No Way Out (redux)” b/w “I’ll Start Believing” 7”
- Custom-printed flower-seed packet
-The first 500 worldwide orders of either the Deluxe LP or the CD will come with a signed postcard while remaining orders will receive a postcard (*postcards may vary).

18 minutes ago, NoStairwayDenied said:

I'm not enjoying this new single they released. Sounds like Chris Martin produced the album...

Same. I was afraid they were going to bad last album and I was very wrong. Now based on "New Song" and that bio written about the album, I'm certain they've lost me. I'll listen to the whole thing but I can't preorder this. I do however desperately want that 7" but I don't know if I want to spend $28 for one song.

17 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

Yeah, I'm not too into the new song either. Which is too bad, because I really liked the last album. 

The new song? You mean the new song which is titled "New Song"? Yeah me either. There's nothing cute about that name and the lyrics are so trite.

14 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Love this band but this single sounds like haim

Seriously. They just tried really hard to go super Pop on this one. They used to have mystique. Now they just want to be in line with Meghan Trainor. I'm all for them following their hearts and doing what they want to do but this feels completely contrived. I guess you cant hover just under the radar for 15 years and not want shoot for a piece of the pie.

Good or bad it was a right royal pain in the arse to order from this side of the Atlantic. The United Kingdom isn't an option for Rough Trade US and annoyingly it doesn't show up on Rough Trade UK unless I missed it or there is another different version going to show up here some time soon.

Luckily my parents live in the US so I got it shipped there but I had to put my billing address as The Isle Of Man just to get a UK format address and unless they've done a runner as well the Isle Of Man was still part of the Empire last time I checked.

All done on my phone and a lot of fun on the way into London on the train this morning with signal dropouts etc. So after all that I expect the album will be utter cack when I finally do get it but thanks to @jackshidt for posting

4 hours ago, allenh said:

Good or bad it was a right royal pain in the arse to order from this side of the Atlantic. The United Kingdom isn't an option for Rough Trade US and annoyingly it doesn't show up on Rough Trade UK unless I missed it or there is another different version going to show up here some time soon.

Luckily my parents live in the US so I got it shipped there but I had to put my billing address as The Isle Of Man just to get a UK format address and unless they've done a runner as well the Isle Of Man was still part of the Empire last time I checked.

All done on my phone and a lot of fun on the way into London on the train this morning with signal dropouts etc. So after all that I expect the album will be utter cack when I finally do get it but thanks to @jackshidt for posting

This what you looking for? 

http://store.roughtraderecords.com/warpaint-heads-up-pre-order.html

5 hours ago, moodist said:

Bugger. Thanks for that. When I went in via the Rough Trade front page the only options I got were CD or standard LP.

Oh well my copies going to be in the US on release day although it was cheaper

• 2 weeks later...

"New Song" doesn't even sound like a shadow of the previous material. The only thing that makes this sound like Warpaint is the audible recognition of the voices of the individuals singing and even that is a bit hairy. I'm just so thoroughly disappointed by this direction. If the rest of the album sounds nothing like this song except for the upbeat styling that the bio refers to, then there may be hope but its not looking good and that sucks because I've been a huge Warpaint fan for a while. Jennylee's solo album is pretty damn good.

• 1 month later...