PO Now: Conor Oberst - Ruminations

conor-oberst-ruminations.jpg

http://www.nonesuch.com/albums/ruminations

ABOUT THIS ALBUM

In the winter of 2016, Conor Oberst found himself hibernating in his hometown of Omaha after living in New York City for more than a decade. He emerged with the unexpectedly raw, unadorned solo album Ruminations, available October 14, 2016, on Nonesuch Records. "I wasn't expecting to write a record," says Oberst. "I honestly wasn't expecting to do much of anything. Winter in Omaha can have a paralyzing effect on a person but in this case it worked in my favor. I was just staying up late every night playing piano and watching the snow pile up outside the window. Next thing I knew I had burned through all the firewood in the garage and had more than enough songs for a record. I recorded them quick to get them down but then it just felt right to leave them alone." A limited number of Nonesuch Store pre-orders will include a signed print.

Order total came out to $32.27 after standard shipping! Sheesh. But it does say my order includes the signed print, so that's cool. 

Edited by tatom

Damn that print would've been cool. I guess I'll swipe this locally or on Amazon. Goddammit west coast, making me miss preorders in my sleep ...

If anyone is unenthusiastic about that print when it comes in Oct, I'd be down to trade or buy. Just putting it out there now. 

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

Whenever he announced two separate solo tours (one with a backing band, and one entirely solo with piano and guitar), I had a feeling he was going to release a followup to Upside Down Mountain. This interests me a lot because in his solo career the more vacant, minimal songs always seem the strongest.

Cape Canaveral, Lenders In The Temple, Milk Thistle, Ten Women, White Shoes, Artifact #1, Common Knowledge..... to me they're all some of the strongest tracks on their respective LPs. So i'm really excited for an entire album with that stripped down approach.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...