PO Now: Conor Oberst - Ruminations

1 hour ago, Moglog said:

17 songs seems like a lot for a single LP. Still ordered though, really dug Ruminations. 

It has to be spread out on 2 LPs. 

EDIT - maybe 3 sides with an etching on side 4?

I'll have to wait for it to show up on amazon.ca before i can order it. the Canadian dollar is crap.

Edited by niblips

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2017 at 2:24 PM, cmax64 said:

Album is streaming on NPR;  http://www.npr.org/2017/03/09/519083661/first-listen-conor-oberst-salutations . Really enjoying it so far!

I'm waiting to listen to this on vinyl, but I'm sure it's great. 

I doubt it'll top Ruminations (personal preference), but I'm super ready for next Friday (bonus: my birthday!!!) when it shows up. :) 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy another copy of Ruminations from constant wear, but I hope Salutations brings the same feeling. 

On 3/10/2017 at 7:28 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm waiting to listen to this on vinyl, but I'm sure it's great. 

I doubt it'll top Ruminations (personal preference), but I'm super ready for next Friday (bonus: my birthday!!!) when it shows up. :) 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy another copy of Ruminations from constant wear, but I hope Salutations brings the same feeling. 

It's really tough for me at this point to pick between Ruminations and Salutations after a few listens this past week. The tracks from Salutations that were on Ruminations have a whole new layer that makes them almost new songs, but I'm all about the 'rawness' of Ruminations. 

Picked this up at Conor's show in nola. Quality packaging for sure--and the new songs are so good live! Sidenote: I met Conor in passing and shook his hand and I have to admit it was honestly the first time I've ever been at a loss for words meeting a musician I dig. Decade-ago me wouldn't even believe it.

9 hours ago, dkrtz said:

Picked this up at Conor's show in nola. Quality packaging for sure--and the new songs are so good live! Sidenote: I met Conor in passing and shook his hand and I have to admit it was honestly the first time I've ever been at a loss for words meeting a musician I dig. Decade-ago me wouldn't even believe it.

I'd have reacted the same. I love that guy. 

I think I'd appreciate this album more live or if it had been released prior to Ruminations. I became so attached to those versions of the songs, that the new versions don't have the same effect on me. I like the album, but it will not be my go-to Oberst record. 

Glad the show was good!