Started a petition to stop the NFL from suspending players for marijuana use

I posted this in the NFL thread however I think more people will see this outside of that since the last post was in may. I started a petition to urge the NFL to stop suspending players for smoking marijuana. Its completely bullshit that a league dealing with a ton of concussion related lawsuits will suspend players for using something that helps them deal with pain. I encourage you to sign this. Thanks! https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-stop-the-nfl-from-testing-players-for-marijuana

the most important of issues currently effecting our country. i really do hope everything works out for these rich athletes who willfully put themselves in these positions. i mean, if we dont stand up for them - who will?

Edited by mattisr1984

35 minutes ago, jerseydave77 said:

Honestly, I never thought it a great idea to put 200-300 pound people on the football field at less than 100% mental faculties. I figure smoking weed and playing a physically violent game is a pretty good way to hurt yourself or make a poor judgement and injure someone else. 

That's one thing but I'm positive that the perceived issue is that they can't smoke during their freew time. I doubt many of these would be foolish enough to get high on weed before these games. Maybe cocaine or meth?

3 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

the most important of issues currently effecting our country. i really do hope everything works out for these rich athletes who willfully put themselves in these positions. i mean, if we dont stand up for them - who will?

I don't think a dude sporting a Confederate flag boogie board cares much about important issues affecting our country...

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us non-millionaires who don't have access to the kind of resources that athletes do can still get fired for marijuana use, even when it's prescribed by a doctor. Where's our petition?

i doubt that an organization made up of old rich white guys, whose sponsors are companies run by old rich white guys, are ready to consider such a progressive move.