PO Now: Set Your Goals - Mutiny 10th Anniversary - On Smart Punk

1 minute ago, cameronbudde said:

I got it too and I only ordered the splatter. Figured they just shot it out to all Mutiny orders. 

Gotcha, I haven't ordered from Smartpunk since UnderOath's Define the Great Line came out on CD back in the day, so I have no idea how they do things.

But the splatter was supposed to be gold and black, so you'd think it would be delayed too if the gold color was causing the problem. 

13 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Gotcha, I haven't ordered from Smartpunk since UnderOath's Define the Great Line came out on CD back in the day, so I have no idea how they do things.

But the splatter was supposed to be gold and black, so you'd think it would be delayed too if the gold color was causing the problem. 

My guess is the Gold one had a shiny type material to match the whole coin theme, while the splatter is opaque. Different materials perhaps? I should tweet them. They're quick about responding on that. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Double post: 

Anyone know how to contact these assholes? Been over a week since I shot them an email asking for a ship date. Never ordering from them again. 

Skipped this repress because I didn't want to deal with smart punk again. Sorda shitty that I like a band, would probably order another copy of the record, but due to the shitty third party seller they use I'm just gonna pass. They fucked me over with my Less Than Jake order a few months ago. Pictures/story in this thread.

18 minutes ago, kylet said:

Skipped this repress because I didn't want to deal with smart punk again. Sorda shitty that I like a band, would probably order another copy of the record, but due to the shitty third party seller they use I'm just gonna pass. They fucked me over with my Less Than Jake order a few months ago. Pictures/story in this thread.

Yeah I remember that. Dude I stopped ordering from them in 2006 haha. Their customer service was shit then too. If I'd already had a copy of this, I wouldn't have bothered with them. I knew it would be a shitshow. 

And the real nice part is the listing on their site doesn't say anything about this being a preorder anymore or having a ship date. Maybe that means they'll be shipping soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not sorry for the double post, but I finally got a response back, on Instagram of all things. Apparently all the copies showed up a couple days before Fest and they're shipping this week. I mean I understand, but y'all are in fuckin' Florida already. It's not like there was travel time involved or anything. Smartpunk can fuck off. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received my copy of the splatter today and this thing came out really high quality.  The splatter looks awesome,  the sleeve is thick and glossed, and a lyric insert is included.  The only gripe I have is the numbered sticker is on an outer plastic sleeve, which I'm not a big fan of...oh and that whole "delay without notification" thing.

I've played it through once and it sounds great, no pops/noise etc. I couldn't turn it up too loud  so not sure if it's been remastered for vinyl or not (thanks pleb ears), but I'm happy with it.

side note, I can't help picturing Castle Greyskull every time I look at this new art.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, gazzo said:

127/300 

and it sounds good

Yep, if it were a shitty pressing I would've gotten a refund. SmartPunk really pissed me off. 

6 minutes ago, jodi said:

#16/300.  A bit stupid that it's just a sticker on the sleeve.

Definitely. Better than on the shrink wrap though. I've had a couple of those and usually don't even  notice because I trash that shit. 

• 4 years later...