The Scabs - Amory Building (1979 UK punk reissue)

IMG_3570.JPG?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&

Authorized reissue of the Scabs debut and lone 7", originally released by the band in 1979 on Club Land Records in Exeter, England.

Recorded in nearly 2 hours in North London, The Scabs originally released this 7" themselves and resorted to selling copies to their fellow students at the school cafe. The band broke up after a year and half, leaving nothing but the Amory Building 7" behind.

First time ever reissue of this record. "Leave Me Alone" was included on the iconic Soul Jazz Punk 45 comp of underground and rare UK punk 1977-1981, as well as a few Killed By Deaths.

Includes brand new liner notes from singer James Young and band photos. Deluxe pocket sleeve restored by Ken MacLaurin, mastered by Dave Williams.

1. Amory Building 
2. Leave Me Alone
3. Don't Just Sit There 
4. U.R.E

Available at www.hoseheadrecords.bigcartel.com

2 hours ago, freedumb said:

Good song!  How'd you find out about these guys?

Originally from the Punk 45 comp on Soul Jazz from a few years ago. They do a great job of digging up obscurities! Tracked the band down a few months ago, and here we are! They were happy to do it. 

You might have already seen my comment on Reddit,  but I'll have to say it again,  thanks for a much needed reissue!

After years of looking, I finally got an original for an amazingly low price,  but will more than likely pick this one up. 

I always get people asking what it is when I DJ some of their songs, mostly U.R.E. and Don't Just Sit There. It'll be nice to direct people your way as an affordable way to get it. 

On 8/6/2016 at 3:45 PM, videodrome_1138 said:

You might have already seen my comment on Reddit,  but I'll have to say it again,  thanks for a much needed reissue!

After years of looking, I finally got an original for an amazingly low price,  but will more than likely pick this one up. 

I always get people asking what it is when I DJ some of their songs, mostly U.R.E. and Don't Just Sit There. It'll be nice to direct people your way as an affordable way to get it. 

I did see that! You're lucky to have found one on the cheap. That's not easy.