Secretly Society: Secretly Group Record Club (jagjaguwar, secretly canadian, numero group, dead oceans record club)

3 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

For those that care, the subscription series right now does not include the 7"s from the Deluxe bundles.  However, in the future they will make it to where you can add stuff like that to your subscription.

i signed up for it anyway.  Too good of a deal not to

Good to know. I really wish they accepted PayPal for it...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, spoon said:

Was that a Secretly Canadian newsletter or one specific to the club? I never received any confirmation upon signing up but am able to view my order on my profile page. 

Also, anyone have any idea as to what the clue may be hinting at?

I'm hoping something related to War on Drugs

• 2 weeks later...

what is with all these record subscription clubs popping up all the sudden?  do people really enjoy getting mystery records?  i see people opening boxes on youtube and getting so excited about a record they got when they could of just bought it if they wanted it.  i could see someone who is new to vinyl maybe liking it to grow their collection or someone who is a music addict that loves all types of music who truly enjoys vinyl and likes to experiment but overall i am surprised at how popular these mystery monthly boxes are.

29 minutes ago, tug said:

what is with all these record subscription clubs popping up all the sudden?  do people really enjoy getting mystery records?  i see people opening boxes on youtube and getting so excited about a record they got when they could of just bought it if they wanted it.  i could see someone who is new to vinyl maybe liking it to grow their collection or someone who is a music addict that loves all types of music who truly enjoys vinyl and likes to experiment but overall i am surprised at how popular these mystery monthly boxes are.

With this one specifically these variants are only available through the club, and you have a good idea that it'll be something you enjoy if you like bands on this label.

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

With this one specifically these variants are only available through the club, and you have a good idea that it'll be something you enjoy if you like bands on this label.

got ya.  i would think that would frustrate more people though.  vinyl variants with every store getting a diff color is a little out of control at the moment.  much like how bonus tracks were out of control on cds 10 years ago when every store had an extra song. but with the cds, the bonus tracks could just be downloaded so it was not a big deal to just buy the regular version then download the extra songs, it was acturally nice to get to download a few extra tracks.  but with diff color vinyl, the only option is to buy them all to complete collection.  i think there should only be 2 variants of every record released, your classic black and a unique color if buying it directly from the band.  but it seems colors are the trend right now and the way labels/bands are rolling...  although i think its a ploy to get people to buy multiple copies, the same way it was with the bonus track cds i mentioned.

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

got ya.  i would think that would frustrate more people though.  vinyl variants with every store getting a diff color is a little out of control at the moment.  much like how bonus tracks were out of control on cds 10 years ago when every store had an extra song. but with the cds, the bonus tracks could just be downloaded so it was not a big deal to just buy the regular version then download the extra songs, it was acturally nice to get to download a few extra tracks.  but with diff color vinyl, the only option is to buy them all to complete collection.  i think there should only be 2 variants of every record released, your classic black and a unique color if buying it directly from the band.  but it seems colors are the trend right now and the way labels/bands are rolling...  although i think its a ploy to get people to buy multiple copies, the same way it was with the bonus track cds i mentioned.

1 minute ago, tug said:

I imagine it can be very frustrating for variant collectors. Luckily enough for me I'm content with one copy of the records I own. I have a few that I ended up with two, but they're different masters.

2 minutes ago, tug said:

I imagine it can be very frustrating for variant collectors. Luckily enough for me I'm content with one copy of the records I own. I have a few that I ended up with two, but they're different masters.

2 minutes ago, tug said: