PO NOW!! MENZINGERS - AFTER THE PARTY.

Satan

Just now, Satan said:

Can we forget that Rented World ever happened?

HEYO. I love that LP. What didn't you dig about it? I remember you selling your copy on here a while ago.

Epitaph isn't one to have an artist release a track without the PO. So, I'd imagine that we're getting the PO today at some point. Hopefully, anyway.

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

New song is really good, super pumped. The article for the song is weird though and they even mention not knowing if that's an album track. No mention of an album title or release window. I'm hesitant to expect preorders today.

Yeah, I thought they already announced months ago that the album was gonna be called "After The Party" and that Will Yip produced it.

And yes, the song is great!

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

OTIP was a hard act to follow but RW is still really good.

Yep, but I think I like it so much because the opening track just gets me so stoked. Just like with OTIP, the opener just sets it up so well. They're great with the pacing of their records. 

I think I'm probably alone on this, but I'd take Rented World over OTIP any day. OTIP has some of the best songs the band has ever written (Good things, Casey, and a few more), but it also has a handful of songs I skip. With the exception of maybe one song, I love every one on Rented World.

That being said they're both on a weekly rotation for me and some of my most played records. New song rules, can't wait to hear the rest!

Edited by kylet

7 minutes ago, kylet said:

I think I'm probably alone on this, but I'd take Rented World over OTIP any day. OTIP has some of the best songs the band has ever written (Good things, Casey, and a few more), but it also has a handful of songs I skip.

This. I'll be that guy.

In terms of albums as a whole:

Chamberlain Waits > Rented World > A Lesson In The Abuse... > On The Impossible Past

Also Hold On Dodge has the other batch of best songs they ever wrote (Sunday Morning, Lillith Avi), but the production is terrible and I wish all 5 songs were put on a one-sided 12". I'd really think people would buy it, even if it was $15. Keep dreaming I guess.

I did thoroughly enjoy the new single.

Edited by GradedOnACurve
Aliens

3 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

whenever i listen to RW, i always think "this is pretty good" but i never find myself going out of my way to go back to that record. its a good listen-through but its just not as memorable.

Yep. I mean, after a while I didn't end up hating it as much as I did at first, but yeah. It's their worst in my opinion and I've sold all my copies.

5 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

Tour with Bayside? Gross.

The Philly show works out nicely. Restorations has a headlining Red Bull Select show right down the street from the Bayside/Menzingers show.. so I plan on seeing the Menzingers and then heading over to Restorations. Solid night of tunes.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

6 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

The Philly show works out nicely. Restorations has a headlining Red Bull Select show right down the street from the Bayside/Menzingers show.. so I plan on seeing the Menzingers and then heading over to Restorations. Solid night of tunes.

Sounds like a good night for you :)

Edited by januarytwenty