Social Distortion 20th Anniversary White Light White Heat Press

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:19 AM, swan said:

Don't know but we ought to keep our eyes peeled on that one. Maybe it's official but maybe its a bootleg. If this is an official release I am sure SD will have an announcement for it.

You guys do realize it has a description right on the page 

Social Distortion’s first ever vinyl box set, From A ‘G’ to A Gent, collects the band’s independent label releases from their rough and tumble punk rock beginnings to the roots rock sound that defined a generation. Includes Mommy’s Little Monster, Prison Bound, Sex, Love and Rock ‘n’ Roll and the compilation Mainliner (Wreckage From The Past) on unique colored vinyl, all in a collectable slipcase.

14 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Social Distortion’s first ever vinyl box set, From A ‘G’ to A Gent, collects the band’s independent label releases from their rough and tumble punk rock beginnings to the roots rock sound that defined a generation. Includes Mommy’s Little Monster, Prison Bound, Sex, Love and Rock ‘n’ Roll and the compilation Mainliner (Wreckage From The Past) on unique colored vinyl, all in a collectable slipcase.

Crikey!

4 hours ago, big_chuck said:

Crikey!

19 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

19 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Thanks for the heads up. I read it as well. We are not sure of it is an official release or some bootleg being created. This 4xLP is coming out on a label called Bicycle Music Recordings. Social D only releases music under Epitaph or Time Bomb Recordings. Take for instance that "Story of My Life" 5xLP box set. Its a bootleg and I believe this new 4xLP box set will be as well. If not, I will be all over it.

1 hour ago, curator said:

Bicycle reissued Prison Bound not too long ago which was official.  I don't think they release on Time Bomb anymore for some reason.  I can't see Bull Moose selling boots either.

Well giddy-up! Thanks for the good info. Oh, happy day!

This is legit. They bought the rights from Time Bomb. The title is still somewhat in flux. Last I heard it was going to be something like The Independent Years. Also, I'm told that it was not remastered before the lacquers were cut. Apparently Mike Ness is against remastering.

25 minutes ago, Bull Moose said:

This is legit. They bought the rights from Time Bomb. The title is still somewhat in flux. Last I heard it was going to be something like The Independent Years. Also, I'm told that it was not remastered before the lacquers were cut. Apparently Mike Ness is against remastering.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. 

• 1 month later...

Weird record day for me. I received my SD "WL,WH,WT" LP from Music On Vinyl Records today. The outside jacket says its on White Marbled colored vinyl numbered of 1000.  It is #'d but when I opened it up it is on a Red Marbled colored vinyl.  I am super confused. I cannot find any info about them being on red/black marbled. I will try and post pics. Strange.

Edited by regan138

On August 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM, regan138 said:

Don't know but we ought to keep our eyes peeled on that one. Maybe it's official but maybe its a bootleg. If this is an official release I am sure SD will have an announcement for it.

I follow SD's instagram and they announced this release on their official instagram account.  Pretty sure it won't be a boot leg, just a different label than usual.

On August 14, 2016 at 0:30 PM, Benefit_Single said:

Bummer the live album isn't in the box set.

That was my first thought too!!!!!!  

52 minutes ago, regan138 said:

Weird record day for me. I received my SD "WL,WH,WT" LP from Music On Vinyl Records today. The outside jacket says its on White Marbled colored vinyl numbered of 1000.  It is #'d but when I opened it up it is on a Red Marbled colored vinyl.  I am super confused. I cannot find any info about them being on red/black marbled. I will try and post pics. Strange.

If this is true, than maybe it's time for me to get a crate membership.  I would love to have that variant.

50 minutes ago, jaredisburning said:

I follow SD's instagram and they announced this release on their official instagram account.  Pretty sure it won't be a boot leg, just a different label than usual.

That was my first thought too!!!!!!  

If this is true, than maybe it's time for me to get a crate membership.  I would love to have that variant.

What is a crate membership and how would it help you get ahold of the SD "WL,WH,WT" LP? So you think the version that showed up today in the mail is a variant? I can't find any info about it but the matrix inscribed is correct to the MOV 2016 pressing. The record store where I purchased it form is doing some digging and is going to contact their distributor to find out what this red/black swirl color is all about.

11 hours ago, regan138 said:

Have you listened to it yet? Does it have the album on it? I mean there's always the possibility of a mispress/packaging error/mix-up for the vinyl labels. Otherwise I would recommend to write to MOV directly. I heard they are responsive.

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/social-distortion/white-light-white-heat-white-trash

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/contact

Yeah, the record shop I bought it from asked the same things 1.) is it even the right album 2.) is it numbered 3.) matrix etchings. I played it and its Mike Ness's voice for sure, numbered in silver #292 and the etchings are 87873 MOVLP 217. I emailed MOV last night. I'll see what comes from it. In the meantime, I'm going to buy the White Marbled version, lol.

I'll post pics when I figure out how to post pics on here.

Edited by regan138

3 hours ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

Have you listened to it yet? Does it have the album on it? I mean there's always the possibility of a mispress/packaging error/mix-up for the vinyl labels. Otherwise I would recommend to write to MOV directly. I heard they are responsive.

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/social-distortion/white-light-white-heat-white-trash

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/contact

3 hours ago, big_chuck said:

My MOV copy turned up a while back and was most definitely white. Looked the business - would be way excited to see the red and black swirl.

If everything else was the same down to it being numbered I'd guess it was a mispress. Pretty cool!

Yeah, the record shop I bought it from asked the same things 1.) is it even the right album 2.) is it numbered 3.) matrix etchings. I played it and its Mike Ness's voice for sure, numbered in silver #292 and the etchings are 87873 MOVLP 217. I emailed MOV last night. I'll see what comes from it. In the meantime, I'm going to buy the White Marbled version, lol.

I'll post pics when I figure out how to post pics on here.