PO soon: Bon Iver - 22, A Million

11 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Where are you hearing this?

Discogs reviews for pretty much any Jagjaguwar release (previous Bon Iver, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Volcano Choir, just to name a few) show constant pressing issues. Like I said, I got lucky myself with my copy of s/t - the internet is full of people complaining about awful sounding copies. If it turns out to be hit-or-miss for this release, I'm going to hold off until a sale or something...

14 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

Discogs reviews for pretty much any Jagjaguwar release (previous Bon Iver, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Volcano Choir, just to name a few) show constant pressing issues. Like I said, I got lucky myself with my copy of s/t - the internet is full of people complaining about awful sounding copies. If it turns out to be hit-or-miss for this release, I'm going to hold off until a sale or something...

Yeah, my pressings of For Emma and BI, BI both have a wooshing sound on parts.

I have never heard anyone say they have a perfect sounding copy of either but that doesnt mean ALL of the pressings have issues.

I guess we will see in a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Red & White variant up for preorder on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LW6YEJE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only $16 shipped to US. Hell yeah.

Edit- just realized it's the single. Is this the same one as the US version? Thought that was just red.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

In the off-chance you haven't heard it yourself, you can listen to this record through the wantlist in my signature.

Went ahead and let myself listen since I heard them play it live this summer and already have an idea what it sounds like. I went to college in the city the band is from, I identify with and love the first 2 records. I'm not sure how I feel on this one yet. I appreciate that Justin always wanting to do new things with his music, and reinvents himself with each album. But I just don't see myself getting as attached to this one. All the vocal and instrument harmonizing and synthesizing is neat, definitely lots of cool sounds on the album, but the songwriting doesn't seem to have as much depth put into it as his previous work. But that's just my initial take on it. Subject to change after a few listens.

I'm wondering what's up with this, just tweeted tonight:

It looks like they're playing a show over in EC (their hometown), which is about an hour and a half drive from me. Might make the drive over there after work. Would be worth it... However reports are that the band has been in France for a show a couple days ago, and has shows in Berlin this weekend... ?

46 minutes ago, jcolls13 said:

probably an album release or early stream or something of that nature

I'm skeptical... the intersection mentioned in the tweet is near a venue that already has stuff going on that evening, a library, a bank, and a small parking lot where the 22, A Million mural is. I'm willing to bet something's gonna happen at the mural...