PO soon: Bon Iver - 22, A Million

8 minutes ago, niblips said:

I really hope the price of this comes down in Canada. It's still $45 on amazon.ca I'm simply not paying that.

$28.95 CDN on June Records - www.junerecords.ca (no free shipping, but they have very decent prices on lots of stuff). Bundle deal with 12" too

They're currently in Berlin, so the tweet for Eau Claire was about some album release party/event at that intersection. Apparently they were handing out newspaper-like clippings with similar art to the album art and stuff like that. 

They also played a show at a hotel in Berlin. 

13 hours ago, niblips said:

I really hope the price of this comes down in Canada. It's still $45 on amazon.ca I'm simply not paying that.

That's fucking absurd. 

I went to the Eau Claire event today. There were maybe 200 people in the little parking lot where the mural is. Up at the front by the wall there was a newspaper rack with the 22AM newspapers, and a little boombox playing the album. I uploaded a gallery of the newspaper: http://imgur.com/a/nr3w3

1 minute ago, wiscodeman said:

A friend of mine and his gf drove 3.5 hrs to Eau Claire just for that event tonight. Crazy.

He did grab me an extra copy of that newspaper though. Free beers going his way next time I see him.

Damn, that's commitment. I drove from Minneapolis (1.5 hrs) and I thought I was being silly, knowing the band wouldn't be there. And then of course, while I'm there, they tweet that there's a Minneapolis event tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Damn, that's commitment. I drove from Minneapolis (1.5 hrs) and I thought I was being silly, knowing the band wouldn't be there. And then of course, while I'm there, they tweet that there's a Minneapolis event tomorrow. 

Ha, yeah - they're nuts. And I saw that tweet earlier tonight. I wonder if the turnout will be even bigger in mpls. Maybe grab more newspapers and unload them here for $5 a pop or something to cover the gas you burned. I assume some VCers would be happy to pay that. They look really cool and would make a nice companion piece with the vinyl.

29 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Ha, yeah - they're nuts. And I saw that tweet earlier tonight. I wonder if the turnout will be even bigger in mpls. Maybe grab more newspapers and unload them here for $5 a pop or something to cover the gas you burned. I assume some VCers would be happy to pay that. They look really cool and would make a nice companion piece with the vinyl.

Would pay for a Bon Iver newspaper :o

Got my "deluxe" vinyl today. When I ordered I was kinda worried to order another Jagjaguwar release because especially the Bon Iver albums (For Emma, Forver Ago & Bon Iver, Bon Iver) sound terrible (I bought the 4AD Europe release of those two releases to compare them and they sound both better by a landslide). However this release sounds way better than those 2 albums (which is good because this time 4AD does not have the rights to distribute it in Europe) and the overall packaging is gorgeous. Very abstract but with a lot of love in the details. Especially the booklet alone justifies to buy it on vinyl.

Edit:

Oh and if you just listened to that album by that terrible leak a few weeks ago you should definitely give it a second, third or even fourth chance. The production on this album is phenomenal and sounds massive with headphones on. Play it loud. Definitely an album of the year contender for me.

Edited by Pablo

Got the LP+12" today and the packaging is phenomenal. About to listen to it for the first time and I'm pretty damn excited. There's a huge variety of promotional posters out there, got five from my local shop, each representing a different song on the album. 

48 minutes ago, Vega said:

Does the booklet that comes with the 12" include the artwork that is the newspaper as well? That would be so awesome...

I have not seen those newspapers so I can't comment on that. The booklet has all lyrics in OCD-triggering layout with each song filling up two pages, but that's it. 

44 minutes ago, ryantark said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

35 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

I have not seen those newspapers so I can't comment on that. The booklet has all lyrics in OCD-triggering layout with each song filling up two pages, but that's it. 

Here, this is the newspaper...just beautiful art, would be great if this came alongside the album

35 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Here, this is the newspaper...just beautiful art, would be great if this came alongside the album

@Vega

Agreed. Looks amazing.

edit:

Oh, shit. This album is so much better than I ever would've hoped. The first two songs were an amazing introduction, but they can't prepare for what's happening on side two. It's beautiful beyond words, really.

Edited by Eliminator Jr.
because, d'uh..

2 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Oh, shit. This album is so much better than I ever would've hoped. The first two songs were an amazing introduction, but they can't prepare for what's happening on side two. It's beautiful beyond words, really.

I agree. Tracks 8 and 10 are the standouts for me.