15% off at Newbury Comics 8/15-8/17

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Must have missed any announcements - is there a list or something?

Not that I know of.  There's a Converge exclusive in the works, but it was more in reference to Newbury's gouge-crazy tendencies; it would not surprise me to see a highly-sought color reissue pop up the day after their sale ends.  Can't have too many people taking advantage of that 15% off.

Hopefully we get a colored Avalanches / SILY variant on Thursday.

14 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

The deals thread is an unorganized shit pile. If it were purely a list, I'd think otherwise. 

If somebody made a new thread every time a website had a minor discount the whole board would be a shit pile.... oh wait

Well that's not cool. Just voicing an opinion. Newbury has some pretty significant releases. This is a temporary sale. The code will come and go and the thread will fade away like it should. I don't understand these threads with 18k replies. Specificity is key here. Same as P.O. threads. Once the release is out of cycle, the thread will also fade away making way for new threads.

Now, I understand that making a point of thread specificity on a thread that has it's own subject is hypocritical, so I will now do my part and leave this be and head back to the shadows.

9 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Well that's not cool. Just voicing an opinion. Newbury has some pretty significant releases. This is a temporary sale. The code will come and go and the thread will fade away like it should. I don't understand these threads with 18k replies. Specificity is key here. Same as P.O. threads. Once the release is out of cycle, the thread will also fade away making way for new threads.

Now, I understand that making a point of thread specificity on a thread that has it's own subject is hypocritical, so I will now do my part and leave this be and head back to the shadows.

what is not to understand? if you are worried about missing something you can simply subscribe to the "shit pile of a thread" or check it for anything new while on your daily board visit.. it is much better then having new threads, especially when it is an extremely mediocre sale.. Like Mr. Potter said, the whole board would just be one monstrous shit pile and we just cant have that barley, we just simply can NOT!

16 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Well, to be fair, there's also an existing "Newbury Variants" thread, that this simply could have been posted in. But what the fuck do I know? 

49 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yeaaaa NC needs like a 30% discount before it becomes remotely close to a "deal".

They usually do a 30% discount one day in April around their anniversary (usually in-store only); a few years ago they did 35% for their 35th. That's usually the only day of the year I spend more than $50 there.

58 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

They usually do a 30% discount one day in April around their anniversary (usually in-store only); a few years ago they did 35% for their 35th. That's usually the only day of the year I spend more than $50 there.

One day in April?  I hope it's the 1st because a reasonably priced record from Newbury would be a really solid joke.

6 hours ago, Hairy Potter said:

thanks for the post! Jut an FYI though, you can post in the "Vinyl Deals" thread in the future for stuff like this

Or the Newbury Comics thread - which is more specific.

But thanks for the heads up on the deal! I don't frequent the Vinyl Deals thread as I'm not constantly trying to spend money.

Edited by jeromium