Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Anyone else kind of disenchanted knowing that tug doesn't even own OG presses of the albums he worships?  I feel like the illusion is over; this is comparable to discovering Santa Clause isn't real.

I feel so.. used. This is not a small cut that scabs, and dries, and flake, and heals..

53 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

I admittedly don't know the whole "history of tug" here, but there is some seemingly seriously childish/douchey shit going on right now.

It would probably serve you well to avoid calling out "douchey shit" behavior, then, if you're not caught up on said history.  But kudos to you for at least acknowledging that.

21 hours ago, tug said:

welp here they all are in all their glory, as a bonus i even added the original reprise presses.

self titled from left to right:  2009 reprise press, 2016 hopeless repress - merchnow; retail; fye; smartpunk

1_zpsrnm9vfhn.jpg

in love and death from left to right:  2004 reprise pic disc, 2009 reprise repress, 2016 hopeless repress - merchnow; fye; smartpunk; retail

2_zpsscar5brz.jpg

:)

this turned out to be hard to get...a company sent the wrong records, another sent broken records, another delayed shipment...but i am glad to have them now almost a full month later :)

2 hours ago, tug said:

this turned out to be hard to get...a company sent the wrong records, another sent broken records, another delayed shipment...but i am glad to have them now almost a full month later :)

It could be 7 years later and you still won't have them all.

i think my stock level update might of lost lost a few pages back so heres an update if your still on the fence and waiting to order of whats left...

self titled...
from merchnow (cream/maroon mixed) [1500 copies] http://merchnow.com/products/v2/237439/the-used  SOLD OUT
from fye (cream w. maroon splatter) [1000 copies] http://www.fye.com/s/product/4642067/#.V88m_SgrLDc less than 20 remaining
from smartpunk (cappuccino w. latte splatter) [500 copies] http://smartpunk.com/105809/The-Used-ST-Smartpunk-Exclusive-Cappuccino-with-Latte-Art-Vinyl-500 less than 300 remaining
from anywhere else (black) [???? copies] https://www.amazon.com/Used-USED/dp/B01J837GII/ref=sr_1_3_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473193849&sr=8-3&keywords=used

in love and death...
from merchnow (tri color) [1500 copies] http://merchnow.com/products/v2/237440/in-love-and-death SOLD OUT
from fye (red white black swirl) [1000 copies]http://www.fye.com/s/product/4643069/#.V88n3CgrLDc  less than 20 remaining
from smartpunk (white w/ red splatter) [500 copies] http://smartpunk.com/105808/The-Used-In-Love-and-Death less than 300 remaining
from anywhere else (black) [???? copies] https://www.amazon.com/Love-Death-USED/dp/B01J837GMY/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473194028&sr=8-1&keywords=used+love+death 

merchnow is now completely sold out,  fye and smartpunk and maybe even retail will soon follow...

Edited by tug

13 minutes ago, tug said:

a thread about the used is rarely going to die because of how much peeps love the used and want to talk about them.

So basically you're just saying that you - and only you - are going to continue to bump the thread with completely irrelevant stock numbers until you get banned for spamming, once again?  That works for me, thanks.

On 9/17/2016 at 5:55 PM, Derek™ said:

So basically you're just saying that you - and only you - are going to continue to bump the thread with completely irrelevant stock numbers until you get banned for spamming, once again?  That works for me, thanks.

The VC update includes this amazing new feature. 

If you're not interested in a thread, you don't have to fucking open it. 

I've used this feature a lot. It's awesome. 

13 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Oh wow, how recent is that?  Aside from using the obvious Block feature, did the update include a safety check that prevents new-jack members with < 500 posts from trying to tell off users who've been here for nearly 8 years?  Because that'd be an innovative addition, for sure.  Even if it's just a quick popup and notification that politely tells you to curb the sass and fuck right off – seems like it'd do the boards a lot of good.  I'll hit up Hector and see if it's doable.

Edited by Derek™

27 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Clearly you haven't been around for enough of tug's bullshit.

47 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Clearly you haven't been around for enough of tug's bullshit.

Nope...apparently not. But I've been around for plenty of Derek's douchebaggery.

Either way, my point is valid. There's no reason for him to even click on the thread.

Edited by ChasHawk

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Oh wow, how recent is that?  Aside from using the obvious Block feature, did the update include a safety check that prevents new-jack members with < 500 posts from trying to tell off users who've been here for nearly 8 years?  Because that'd be an innovative addition, for sure.  Even if it's just a quick popup and notification that politely tells you to curb the sass and fuck right off – seems like it'd do the boards a lot of good.  I'll hit up Hector and see if it's doable.

I love how post count equates to dick size for certain insecure members.

6 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Nope...apparently not. But I've been around for plenty of Derek's douchebaggery.

Haha, you haven't even been a part of the boards for a year yet.  You don't know shit about my levels of douchebaggery.  But allow me to be sincere when I suggest you stop while you're ahead, before embarrassing yourself further.

8 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

I love how post count equates to dick size for certain insecure members.

I actually and completely knew you would be commenting on that as a rebuttal.  I've seen it with every single forum newbie who feels like he can puff up his chest and stick us big bad regulars in our place.  Fuck off, man.  I had a much more elaborate response in progress because I knew you'd chirp in with that, exactly, but it's been lost because the quoting system is completely garbage on this iteration of VC.  Apologies for keeping this version "concise" –

First and foremost, post counts don't mean shit.  But obviously you'd choose to isolate that part of my post and not the bit where I mentioned that I've been on the boards 8x's longer than you have.  I've seen 8x's the amount of bullshit you have, 8x's the amount of trolls, and 8x's the amount of members who are too big for their britches.  But at the end of the day, there are actually plenty of users who've been a part of these forums for a lot longer than I have, who have far fewer posts to show for it.  It's the same reason there are users who've been here just a year or two but have already surpassed my post count with the help of the Small Chat thread and the Everything Else board – as I said, post-count means nothing.  Nor does it have anything to do with insecurity.  What would I be insecure about, here in this thread, anyway?  I feel like you've got that completely backwards.  If anything, I'd be insecure if I were buying either of these represses... but more on that in a bit.

You said it yourself on this very page: you aren't sure of "the history" associated with Tug.  So why try to put someone in their place with that individual is all too aware of the history?  Do you not understand why that's a terrible idea, on your part, and makes you look like a fucking clown?  You're giving new[er] users the exact rep they unfairly receive shit for.

You should know that I actually do avoid clicking in threads for releases I have no interest in or excitement for, and that I practice that exercise a lot.  There's a lot of hot garbage that bubbles up and crusts on the main page of these boards.  While I do believe in a bit of trolling for the sake of fun, I'm not on VC to rain on parades – it's why you won't see me discussing the Hot Topic exclusive variant for the newest A Day To Remember, or chiming in about the half-dozen variants available for the latest Taking Back Sunday record, or clamoring over my thoughts on the latest Green Day track.  I resist the urge to flex my sarcastic, condescending opinions in a lot of potential threads, here – so fuck you for downplaying my struggle and constantly conscious effort, there.

This thread, in particular, I felt I had "a right" to view and comment in just because these two Used records received play in my teens years.  (A lot more play than they should have, admittedly.)  I can relate to these releases and I find it entertaining to see what others think of the repress and their current aftermarket value.  At the end of the day, isn't that why we're all here?  Aside from wanting to be kept updated on pertinent PO info, we're all here because we're looking to kill boredom or keep entertained to some degree.  And while I'll jokingly rib a friend who actually bought a repress of the S/T, here, I'm honestly not in this thread to divert people from buying what they enjoy.  I've made plenty of nostalgic purchases in my past; my hands are not completely clean from that messy affair.  But if anything, I should be glad that people no longer have to piss away $80+ on a copy of that S/T – this is something positive to rejoice.  Why would I chastise or truly belittle someone who was buying this record to revisit their high-school days, play once, shelf, and resell for profit in a few years?  Do what you want.  I have no say in how to spend your money.

But like Randy just said, above, you clearly haven't been around for tug's bullshit.  And that's where the negativity and [counter] trolling is stemming from.  Since you know nothing of it, it truly is in your best interest to take your own advice and shut up while moving onto another thread.  But for the sake of clarity, here, I'll shed some light.  Anyone who's been on the forums for the last years or so can tell you that tug is the worst sort of troll.  One who sincerely believes he's doing nothing wrong by blatantly and endlessly supporting The Used to obnoxious levels.  As it's been pointed out, this thread - and all his others - receive completely unnecessary bumps.  We don't need inventory levels on sites that still carry these records.  No one is actually PMing him for pressing info or assuming he's got ties with the band.  No one needs real-time updates on when the Merchnow variant is about to sell out, throughout the day.  He's been banned in the past for taking his threads too far, and apparently that ban was lifted in time for him to participate in these represses, here.  So that's where we're at.  99% of threads run a normal life cycle consisting of hype, discussion, pre-order information, shipping confirmation, photos of variants, a few "where's my order?" posts, and then... it dies.  Such is the circle of life for threads that aren't fueled by members who practice good tastes and aren't socially inept.  Tug's last thread was for a pressing of a Used live acoustic performance that was so fucking atrocious that only a troll could support it, and he was banned for it. Obviously someone beyond me and my massive dick + post-count decided that he was being a nuisance, and justice was served.  So please, establish a clue for yourself before whipping out the "if ya' don't like it, don't click it" speech.  Save us all the cringe, going forward.