Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

30 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I hope no one expected the album or genre to age like a fine wine over 15 years, but there's something to be said about having the same shitty tastes remain stagnant for a decade and a half.  I can't really fathom it.

mostly everything i love came from the 2002 era.  music, video games, tv, etc.  it was a time of top most quality and my favorite things from there stuck with me since then.  the things before that from childhood phased away from my tastes (like pokemon for example) and the things after that were when i just went through a weird phase in life and was into weird things but i got of that so 2002 is like the happy medium of my life and at the same time the world of when great things and great quality existed.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So with that being said, we can both finally recognize that the only reason you're infatuated with The Used is on account of nostalgia, right?

not at all.  they have been my favorite band for 15.5 years.  no other music released (other than single songs here and there) has the feeling that the used music has on me.

1 hour ago, tug said:

mostly everything i love came from the 2002 era.  music, video games, tv, etc.  it was a time of top most quality and my favorite things from there stuck with me since then.  the things before that from childhood phased away from my tastes (like pokemon for example) and the things after that were when i just went through a weird phase in life and was into weird things but i got of that so 2002 is like the happy medium of my life and at the same time the world of when great things and great quality existed.

What kind of weird shit did you get into?

1 hour ago, tug said:

wtf broh?  cause i like a band more than you?  how can you hate a man whose hand you never shook?  hug?

You've been a member of this forum for over two years now. You should have figured out how things work around here by now. And yet, here we are, with another pointless update to a thread that should be buried in the depths of this board. 

28 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

You've been a member of this forum for over two years now. You should have figured out how things work around here by now. And yet, here we are, with another pointless update to a thread that should be buried in the depths of this board. 

Huh? Did you even read my post? 15 year anniversary is not pointless. It's pretty significant. 

Edited by tug

33 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

... to who? 

Think of it this way... 15 years ago the used released their first album. At the time they were on unknown/barely known band.  Now 15 years later they are one of the most well-known revolutionary sounds of rock and one of the most influential bands of our era and one of the best bands in rock 'n' roll history and it all started with this one album that's considered one of the most important albums in rock history. 

P.s. Awesome avatar. 

• 2 years later...

Yeah, The Used’s S/T is actually a landmark album for a lot of people.  Myself included.  By landmark, I mean that it’s a blurry point of reference, way off in the distance.  One you can squint at and realize “wow, I used to listen to that shit?  Look how far I’ve come!”  Progress and developed tastes are worth celebrating and I think it’s very important that we never forget our roots, no matter how poorly they’ve aged and how embarrassing they may be to actively listen to nearly 2 decades later.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, The Used’s S/T is actually a landmark album for a lot of people.  Myself included.  By landmark, I mean that it’s a blurry point of reference, way off in the distance.  One you can squint at and realize “wow, I used to listen to that shit?  Look how far I’ve come!”  Progress and developed tastes are worth celebrating and I think it’s very important that we never forget our roots, no matter how poorly they’ve aged and how embarrassing they may be to actively listen to nearly 2 decades later.

Meanwhile im over here with a Senses Fail avatar.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Even with Emmure?