Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

They went all out with this new pressing, 3 variants for each and a black standard. FYE exclusives limited to 1000 each.

Cream with Maroon splatter self titled

http://www.fye.com/s/product/4642067/#.V78FecRHbCQ

Red and White with black splatter ILAD

http://www.fye.com/s/product/4643069/#.V78FoMRHbCQ

Considering the impact these albums have had on my tastes and how well they've held up over the years, I think I'm gonna' do a super limited cassette run if you guys wanted to get in on it.  You know, just for fun.  Costs would cover the materials and shipping and I wouldn't be making a dime.  Someone somewhere will probably try to bust my balls, but fuck 'em – I do what I want.  The classics deserve to be blasted through shitty tape decks on long drives.  That's the way I see it, anyway.

52 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Came to see the wealth of knowledge that Derek posted since he can't help but remind us constantly that he hates the Used. 

If by "wealth of knowledge" you mean "posts about music worth discussing", we should probably save those for relevant threads.  But I'm truly confused how you're aware of my actual discussions considering the threads you frequent – I don't have much to say in the way of 30 Seconds To Mars represses and the latest A Day To Remember variant brought to us by Hot Topic.  Buy what you want, and to each his own... but don't fault me for joking about joke bands in joke threads.

If we want a legit discussion in this thread: what's your favorite lyric that Bert geniusly plucked from his soul, on either of these two records?  That's an actual question I'm eager to read the answers to.  Truly.

53 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

You're cool. 

52 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

He's so cool. 

My man. B)

Edited by Derek™

35 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

If by "wealth of knowledge" you mean "posts about music worth discussing", we should probably save those for relevant threads.  But I'm truly confused how you're aware of my actual discussions considering the threads you frequent – I don't have much to say in the way of 30 Seconds To Mars represses and the latest A Day To Remember variant brought to us by Hot Topic.  Buy what you want, and to each his own... but don't fault me for joking about joke bands in joke threads.

If we want a legit discussion in this thread: what's your favorite lyric that Bert geniusly plucked from his soul, on either of these two records?  That's an actual question I'm eager to read the answers to.  Truly.

My man. B)

We could also discuss Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Beach Slang, or a plethora of other bands but you're a dick.

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

We could also discuss Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Beach Slang, or a plethora of other bands but you're a dick.

I don't listen to Beach Slang, personally, but I'll keep an open mind.

The truth is that I'm throughbeingcool whenever you're throughbeingcruel.  Or a nostalgia pleb.  Whichever comes first.

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don't listen to Beach Slang, personally, but I'll keep an open mind.

But you don't wanna discuss any of the other bands I mentioned because you'd rather shittalk. Come on dude, you've gotta have something better to do. Go get a tattoo or something instead of being lame. 

41 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

But you don't wanna discuss any of the other bands I mentioned because you'd rather shittalk. Come on dude, you've gotta have something better to do. Go get a tattoo or something instead of being lame. 

Tattoos don't make you cool I tried 

4 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

They went all out with this new pressing, 3 variants for each and a black standard. FYE exclusives limited to 1000 each.

Image result for guy with money eyes

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

If I'm following your post correctly, you're criticizing me for not using this thread to discuss other, relevant bands who have their own respective threads?  Am I close or at least in the same ballpark?  Because that's silly.

And I'm still working on my ideal tattoo design, thanks.  It's near completion but I'm struggling to artistically wrap these Hawthorne Heights lyrics around the Atreyu design without it distracting too much from my Yellowcard references.

Edited by Derek™

9 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Excited to see these mockups. What's a Used record without epic splatturz? I'll probably buy these with a coupon. I'm not even kind of joking.

damn, thought i was gonna be able to retire off that self-titled first press.

derek: i'd be in for a cassette.

s/t is a fucking masterpiece. i don't know if i'm going to be listening to anything in 15 years the way i listen to that album still. maybe a couple others. haven't heard a damn thing like it since.