Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Haha, you haven't even been a part of the boards for a year yet.  You don't know shit about my levels of douchebaggery.  But allow me to be sincere when I suggest you stop while you're ahead, before embarrassing yourself further.

I actually and completely knew you would be commenting on that as a rebuttal.  I've seen it with every single forum newbie who feels like he can puff up his chest and stick us big bad regulars in our place.  Fuck off, man.  I had a much more elaborate response in progress because I knew you'd chirp in with that, exactly, but it's been lost because the quoting system is completely garbage on this iteration of VC.  Apologies for keeping this version "concise" –

First and foremost, post counts don't mean shit.  But obviously you'd choose to isolate that part of my post and not the bit where I mentioned that I've been on the boards 8x's longer than you have.  I've seen 8x's the amount of bullshit you have, 8x's the amount of trolls, and 8x's the amount of members who are too big for their britches.  But at the end of the day, there are actually plenty of users who've been a part of these forums for a lot longer than I have, who have far fewer posts to show for it.  It's the same reason there are users who've been here just a year or two but have already surpassed my post count with the help of the Small Chat thread and the Everything Else board – as I said, post-count means nothing.  Nor does it have anything to do with insecurity.  What would I be insecure about, here in this thread, anyway?  I feel like you've got that completely backwards.  If anything, I'd be insecure if I were buying either of these represses... but more on that in a bit.

You said it yourself on this very page: you aren't sure of "the history" associated with Tug.  So why try to put someone in their place with that individual is all too aware of the history?  Do you not understand why that's a terrible idea, on your part, and makes you look like a fucking clown?  You're giving new[er] users the exact rep they unfairly receive shit for.

You should know that I actually do avoid clicking in threads for releases I have no interest in or excitement for, and that I practice that exercise a lot.  There's a lot of hot garbage that bubbles up and crusts on the main page of these boards.  While I do believe in a bit of trolling for the sake of fun, I'm not on VC to rain on parades – it's why you won't see me discussing the Hot Topic exclusive variant for the newest A Day To Remember, or chiming in about the half-dozen variants available for the latest Taking Back Sunday record, or clamoring over my thoughts on the latest Green Day track.  I resist the urge to flex my sarcastic, condescending opinions in a lot of potential threads, here – so fuck you for downplaying my struggle and constantly conscious effort, there.

This thread, in particular, I felt I had "a right" to view and comment in just because these two Used records received play in my teens years.  (A lot more play than they should have, admittedly.)  I can relate to these releases and I find it entertaining to see what others think of the repress and their current aftermarket value.  At the end of the day, isn't that why we're all here?  Aside from wanting to be kept updated on pertinent PO info, we're all here because we're looking to kill boredom or keep entertained to some degree.  And while I'll jokingly rib a friend who actually bought a repress of the S/T, here, I'm honestly not in this thread to divert people from buying what they enjoy.  I've made plenty of nostalgic purchases in my past; my hands are not completely clean from that messy affair.  But if anything, I should be glad that people no longer have to piss away $80+ on a copy of that S/T – this is something positive to rejoice.  Why would I chastise or truly belittle someone who was buying this record to revisit their high-school days, play once, shelf, and resell for profit in a few years?  Do what you want.  I have no say in how to spend your money.

But like Randy just said, above, you clearly haven't been around for tug's bullshit.  And that's where the negativity and [counter] trolling is stemming from.  Since you know nothing of it, it truly is in your best interest to take your own advice and shut up while moving onto another thread.  But for the sake of clarity, here, I'll shed some light.  Anyone who's been on the forums for the last years or so can tell you that tug is the worst sort of troll.  One who sincerely believes he's doing nothing wrong by blatantly and endlessly supporting The Used to obnoxious levels.  As it's been pointed out, this thread - and all his others - receive completely unnecessary bumps.  We don't need inventory levels on sites that still carry these records.  No one is actually PMing him for pressing info or assuming he's got ties with the band.  No one needs real-time updates on when the Merchnow variant is about to sell out, throughout the day.  He's been banned in the past for taking his threads too far, and apparently that ban was lifted in time for him to participate in these represses, here.  So that's where we're at.  99% of threads run a normal life cycle consisting of hype, discussion, pre-order information, shipping confirmation, photos of variants, a few "where's my order?" posts, and then... it dies.  Such is the circle of life for threads that aren't fueled by members who practice good tastes and aren't socially inept.  Tug's last thread was for a pressing of a Used live acoustic performance that was so fucking atrocious that only a troll could support it, and he was banned for it. Obviously someone beyond me and my massive dick + post-count decided that he was being a nuisance, and justice was served.  So please, establish a clue for yourself before whipping out the "if ya' don't like it, don't click it" speech.  Save us all the cringe, going forward.

Don't forget that before the delete post button was taken away, tug would bump a thread, then delete his post so it didn't look like he was just bumping it back to the first page.

1 hour ago, ChasHawk said:

I love how post count equates to dick size for certain insecure members.

40 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

i don't have that many posts but my dick is fucking huge 

I've gotta say, after this exchange and then "ChasHawk likes this" I was legitimately laughing out loud.

25 minutes ago, tug said:

lots of people like my comments and new used updates/posts, i had -100 rep and since my return 3 weeks ago, its up to -47 so all positive feedback coming my way from everyone around here.

Because there aren't downvotes anymore. 

45 minutes ago, tug said:

lots of people like my comments and new used updates/posts, i had -100 rep and since my return 3 weeks ago, its up to -47 so all positive feedback coming my way from everyone around here.

On occasion your trolling is kind of funny, hence the occasional like. And it's already been pointed out (and you know, you damn troll!) that there is no longer an option to downvote your much more frequently posted stupidity.

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Haha, you haven't even been a part of the boards for a year yet.  You don't know shit about my levels of douchebaggery.  But allow me to be sincere when I suggest you stop while you're ahead, before embarrassing yourself further.

I actually and completely knew you would be commenting on that as a rebuttal.  I've seen it with every single forum newbie who feels like he can puff up his chest and stick us big bad regulars in our place.  Fuck off, man.  I had a much more elaborate response in progress because I knew you'd chirp in with that, exactly, but it's been lost because the quoting system is completely garbage on this iteration of VC.  Apologies for keeping this version "concise" –

First and foremost, post counts don't mean shit.  But obviously you'd choose to isolate that part of my post and not the bit where I mentioned that I've been on the boards 8x's longer than you have.  I've seen 8x's the amount of bullshit you have, 8x's the amount of trolls, and 8x's the amount of members who are too big for their britches.  But at the end of the day, there are actually plenty of users who've been a part of these forums for a lot longer than I have, who have far fewer posts to show for it.  It's the same reason there are users who've been here just a year or two but have already surpassed my post count with the help of the Small Chat thread and the Everything Else board – as I said, post-count means nothing.  Nor does it have anything to do with insecurity.  What would I be insecure about, here in this thread, anyway?  I feel like you've got that completely backwards.  If anything, I'd be insecure if I were buying either of these represses... but more on that in a bit.

You said it yourself on this very page: you aren't sure of "the history" associated with Tug.  So why try to put someone in their place with that individual is all too aware of the history?  Do you not understand why that's a terrible idea, on your part, and makes you look like a fucking clown?  You're giving new[er] users the exact rep they unfairly receive shit for.

You should know that I actually do avoid clicking in threads for releases I have no interest in or excitement for, and that I practice that exercise a lot.  There's a lot of hot garbage that bubbles up and crusts on the main page of these boards.  While I do believe in a bit of trolling for the sake of fun, I'm not on VC to rain on parades – it's why you won't see me discussing the Hot Topic exclusive variant for the newest A Day To Remember, or chiming in about the half-dozen variants available for the latest Taking Back Sunday record, or clamoring over my thoughts on the latest Green Day track.  I resist the urge to flex my sarcastic, condescending opinions in a lot of potential threads, here – so fuck you for downplaying my struggle and constantly conscious effort, there.

This thread, in particular, I felt I had "a right" to view and comment in just because these two Used records received play in my teens years.  (A lot more play than they should have, admittedly.)  I can relate to these releases and I find it entertaining to see what others think of the repress and their current aftermarket value.  At the end of the day, isn't that why we're all here?  Aside from wanting to be kept updated on pertinent PO info, we're all here because we're looking to kill boredom or keep entertained to some degree.  And while I'll jokingly rib a friend who actually bought a repress of the S/T, here, I'm honestly not in this thread to divert people from buying what they enjoy.  I've made plenty of nostalgic purchases in my past; my hands are not completely clean from that messy affair.  But if anything, I should be glad that people no longer have to piss away $80+ on a copy of that S/T – this is something positive to rejoice.  Why would I chastise or truly belittle someone who was buying this record to revisit their high-school days, play once, shelf, and resell for profit in a few years?  Do what you want.  I have no say in how to spend your money.

But like Randy just said, above, you clearly haven't been around for tug's bullshit.  And that's where the negativity and [counter] trolling is stemming from.  Since you know nothing of it, it truly is in your best interest to take your own advice and shut up while moving onto another thread.  But for the sake of clarity, here, I'll shed some light.  Anyone who's been on the forums for the last years or so can tell you that tug is the worst sort of troll.  One who sincerely believes he's doing nothing wrong by blatantly and endlessly supporting The Used to obnoxious levels.  As it's been pointed out, this thread - and all his others - receive completely unnecessary bumps.  We don't need inventory levels on sites that still carry these records.  No one is actually PMing him for pressing info or assuming he's got ties with the band.  No one needs real-time updates on when the Merchnow variant is about to sell out, throughout the day.  He's been banned in the past for taking his threads too far, and apparently that ban was lifted in time for him to participate in these represses, here.  So that's where we're at.  99% of threads run a normal life cycle consisting of hype, discussion, pre-order information, shipping confirmation, photos of variants, a few "where's my order?" posts, and then... it dies.  Such is the circle of life for threads that aren't fueled by members who practice good tastes and aren't socially inept.  Tug's last thread was for a pressing of a Used live acoustic performance that was so fucking atrocious that only a troll could support it, and he was banned for it. Obviously someone beyond me and my massive dick + post-count decided that he was being a nuisance, and justice was served.  So please, establish a clue for yourself before whipping out the "if ya' don't like it, don't click it" speech.  Save us all the cringe, going forward.

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

3 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

Quality retort from a quality VC user.  I took the time to explain myself and reason my actions in this thread, and you piddle your pants at the sight of a few paragraphs of text like a degenerate manchild.  I'm not sure what I should've expected otherwise.  You can kindly fuck off now.

1 hour ago, Shlebs said:

Hey no ageism here! 40 year olds can still be stupid and unable to produce coherent thoughts like the rest of us!

I love shleby not in spite of his pencil dick, but because of it. 

And also because he's a rad dude.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Quality retort from a quality VC user.  I took the time to explain myself and reason my actions in this thread, and you piddle your pants at the sight of a few paragraphs of text like a degenerate manchild.  I'm not sure what I should've expected otherwise.  You can kindly fuck off now.

Yeah, you took the time to explain how you're better than me and everyone else who you think is beneath you on this board. 

That's what merited the flippant response. 

You also told me to "shut up", referred to me "embarrassing myself", and "look like a fucking clown".

It's a fucking message board. 

Exactly zero things that occur here have embarrassed me or otherwise had any effect on real life. 

I have been a member of several other online communities for years, and no matter the hobby or subject, they all have one thing in common... People like you. Smarmy internet tough guys who think they are above it all, and think it's cool to fling shit at anyone and anything that doesn't fit into their myopic view of the world. 

You can talk all the shit you want about tug, or me, or anyone else. 

Yet in doing so, you show exactly who and what you are. 

Edited by ChasHawk

23 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Yeah, you took the time to explain how you're better than me and everyone else who you think is beneath you on this board. 

That's what merited the flippant response. 

You also told me to "shut up", referred to me "embarrassing myself", and "look like a fucking clown".

It's a fucking message board. 

Exactly zero things that occur here have embarrassed me or otherwise had any effect on real life. 

I have been a member of several other online communities for years, and no matter the hobby or subject, they all have one thing in common... People like you. Smarmy internet tough guys who think they are above it all, and think it's cool to fling shit at anyone and anything that doesn't fit into their myopic view of the world. 

You can talk all the shit you want about tug, or me, or anyone else. 

Yet in doing so, you show exactly who and what you are. 

I mean...if every online community you've been a part of seems to take issue with you, couldn't it just be you? I just ignore you for the most part, but I definitely think you're kind of a turd. ::shrug::

I gave you a response that explained the history of tug, Chas.  I also tried to elaborate on why you explaining to me how forum etiquette works is simply rich.  I tried to spoon-feed you a clue but you can't seem to grasp any of it, unfortunately.  If you didn't act like a clown, I wouldn't be calling you a clown; it's honestly that simple.  I do not think that I am above anyone on the board, nor do I think that my justification of why I'm allowed to participate in this thread = me being a "smarmy internet tough guy".  I hate to play the whole b-but he started it! card, but your sassy-ass bitch comment about "not clicking" on a thread is easiely the smarmiest shot fired.  And do you not realize that you're basically alone in your argument; other people are pointing out how pathetic your responses are, and even ridiculing your age.  If you're not embarrassed for anything you've posted so far, it's probably because you're a socially inept adult who is unable to process human emotions like shame.  Or you're just completely oblivious to how the internet works at 40 – you're not quite old enough to play that card, though.

Tommy said it best.

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

oooof