Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I gave you a response that explained the history of tug, Chas.  I also tried to elaborate on why you explaining to me how forum etiquette works is simply rich.  I tried to spoon-feed you a clue but you can't seem to grasp any of it, unfortunately.  If you didn't act like a clown, I wouldn't be calling you a clown; it's honestly that simple.  I do not think that I am above anyone on the board, nor do I think that my justification of why I'm allowed to participate in this thread = me being a "smarmy internet tough guy".  I hate to play the whole b-but he started it! card, but your sassy-ass bitch comment about "not clicking" on a thread is easiely the smarmiest shot fired.  And do you not realize that you're basically alone in your argument; other people are pointing out how pathetic your responses are, and even ridiculing your age.  If you're not embarrassed for anything you've posted so far, it's probably because you're a socially inept adult who is unable to process human emotions like shame.  Or you're just completely oblivious to how the internet works at 40 – you're not quite old enough to play that card, though.

Tommy said it best.

Ha! 

First, I'm 37. I don't want to contemplate 40 yet. 

I have a family, a home, and friends I like to spend time with. 

Message boards and most of the rest of the internet are a nice distraction and time waster. 

Again, I fail to see how one can be embarrassed by something posted on a message board, but keep ringing that bell if you insist. 

37 minutes ago, ChasHawk said:

Again, I fail to see how one can be embarrassed by something posted on a message board, but keep ringing that bell if you insist. 

I am pretty embarrassed I bought these after derek said "If anything, I'd be insecure if I were buying either of these represses..." I felt like i am dating the ugly girl in the room thats getting ragged on by everyone and I just went along with it pretending i don't know her. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, tug said:

was anyone here at this show? and could tell me if anything special happened?

I was there. They gave everyone a free copy of the album, signed by the band and limited to 200. Exclusive color w/ a 7" with an unreleased song from the same sessions.

Was at the same show and lucky enough to be one of the early birds who got a copy (actually have two since my friend who went with me couldn't fit his copy in the cd-player). Also, that unreleased song is by and far the best thing I've heard from them post-ILAD. Really fucking incredible. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tug said:

wow you guys think you are all so funny.  lucky i was able to find this show on youtube to know what really happened.

I like to imagine that you took all 12 of the last days to thoroughly investigate the posts in this thread while simultaneously losing sleep over eBay prowling.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Those prices don't seem astronomical and I'd even go as far as to say the mockups look nice – barring that gross black-white split – but damn, I'd hate to be Tugs today.  Especially today, rather.

Tug lives to keep a clean, organized closet and spend all his money on this band. He's stoked!

• 3 weeks later...