Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

jesus, there are 1264 copies left. who could have possibly predicted that there wouldn't have been enough demand to sell 2,500 copies of a $170 2LP?

Between this and the "press way too few copies on black as a 'limited edition,' then do a colored repress to make more $$ and piss off everyone who bought the first one" strategy with the first two album represses, Twisted has dropped the ball so hard on these. It's beyond tragic if this killed the Ineffable repress...

• 5 months later...

• 8 months later...

Thanks...

Unfortunately not, records wasn't insured in the contents for some reason. I didn't know this as contents is contents to me. They said CD's could have been included but not vinyl??? I complained and I got a small amount back in kind but no way near enough.

The prices of the re-issues are sky high now so I doubt I could afford them again. I was only missing the 1st reissue.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

That is horrible!! hope you can 'clean' your house so you can once again feel 'at home' and find security and comfort at your place.

Wish you all the best in getting over this. And also in rebuilding your collection.

I'm trying, thanks. 

I think it's starting to feel like home again. I use my craft and my crystals to shake the room up a bit. It's feeling more positive, less intrusive now. 

48 minutes ago, NavaMac said:

I'd be absolutely devastated if I lost my music collection... terrible to hear that happened, Pure Phase Girl. 😔

I'm devastated still. To know what they wanted in terms of things they could carry is something I'm trying to shake off. 

They didn't take my amp, speakers or my turntable because they are all too heavy. I had to get two strapping men in to place my turntable and amp. And my speakers are like wardrobes.

I'm happy they didn't just wreck anything, just took what they could carry. I lost my dac, preamp and phono amp along with other personal things. 

Thank you all for understanding.

My shpongle collection were my jewels. I can't see me affording them all again.

that's super shitty to hear.  Do you think they were targeting those specifically?  Or was it just coincidence?

Also, have any of you heard whether Are You Shongled will ever get another repress?  900 copies is all i'm seeing... that's ridiculous!  They could have moved 3k.  Discogs prices are shitty too...  grrr!

32 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

that's super shitty to hear.  Do you think they were targeting those specifically?  Or was it just coincidence?

Also, have any of you heard whether Are You Shongled will ever get another repress?  900 copies is all i'm seeing... that's ridiculous!  They could have moved 3k.  Discogs prices are shitty too...  grrr!

They were all on my shelf so I just think they grabbed what they could..

Probably some smack head wankers.... Grr.

The prices on Scalpcogs are ruddy awful. The odd thing about it is that they won't sell for those prices anyway, so what's the ruddy point?

Edited by Pure Phase Girl

I cannot believe Simon/Twisted completely fucked American fans like this. This was an unannounced 2 am release here -- I woke up at 6:30am and both variants were already sold out. I've been waiting for a repress for years  😐

They've  dropped the ball on every one of these represses. Maybe there's some chance of another pressing since it sold so well/fast, but if not, they've basically lost a fan. 

2 minutes ago, arck2412 said:

I cannot believe Simon/Twisted completely fucked American fans like this. This was an unannounced 2 am release here -- I woke up at 6:30am and both variants were already sold out. I've been waiting for a repress for years  😐

They've  dropped the ball on every one of these represses. Maybe there's some chance of another pressing since it sold so well/fast, but if not, they've basically lost a fan. 

It took me by surprise too and I'm in the UK.

Isn't it more usual to release at 6pm GMT? I was expecting it to be release at that time.

4 minutes ago, arck2412 said:

I'm sorry to hear that :(
That's why I've set a notification every time this thread gets something new, had to wake up at 4am in order to get a copy (East Coast)