Twisted Records Thread (Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Ott, Prometheus, Younger Brother)

It's here!
This thing is SOLID. One of the best quality deluxe sets of anything I own - and I own those Radiohead ones (IR & AMSP) if that tells you anything.

So I noticed something that I found interesting... This release is advertised to have a 'hidden track' on it, which can be found by playing the outer-most edge of the Side C center label. I was sent the test press last December and I never discovered the hidden track while I was playing it and reviewing it, so I was like 'I have to see how I could have missed that!' - and lo and behold - my Side C of the test press is a different lacquer cut as evident by the runout markings! I checked and the Side D has identical runouts between test and product. 

This tells us that the 'hidden track' wasn't conceived of for this project until after a set of lacquers were cut and test presses made, sometime early 2017 presumably. So one side of one of the three tests was 'rejected' I suppose, to make way for the added hidden track. I found this interesting at least. 

KJfoK8y.jpg

Here's one more with the two first presses too!

pbpi0MI.jpg

Edited by EHughes527

3 hours ago, mtaifa said:

So, I just checked the tracking number for my AYS and found this:

Your parcel is on its way back to Bleep Ltd

Return to consignor has been requested

Anyone else have this happen? Wtf..

What country did you ship to? Maybe there was some import fee needed for it and it wasn't paid in time, so it sent back?

Or, some error with the shipping address? Couldn't deliver properly, so it was Returned to Sender?

No idea what happened in your case, but those are two possibilities...

9 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

What country did you ship to? Maybe there was some import fee needed for it and it wasn't paid in time, so it sent back?

Or, some error with the shipping address? Couldn't deliver properly, so it was Returned to Sender?

No idea what happened in your case, but those are two possibilities...

Shipped to Norway.  It was shipped on the 4th, returned on the 10th. According to tracking it never left the UK, so no time to pay any import fees. 

Might be some address error, but I doubt it since I payed with paypal and the adress has always worked before. I have contacted Twisted, hopefully they will fix this quickly. 

Edited by mtaifa

• 3 weeks later...

Came across this curious Amazon listing that states this 3xLP will be BLUE... I pinged Twisted for a response. We'll see what they say. 
(Original mock ups for this release showed BLACK fwiw)

https://www.amazon.com/CODEX-VI-3-LP-Blue/dp/B07323YG3F

Edited by EHughes527

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

We have another version of the Liimted Editon, Super Deluxe, Are You Shpongled? Triple Vinyl up for sale. This one is clear vinyl, with fluoro green inner sleeves and limited to 400 only.

https://shponglemusic.bandcamp.com/album/are-you-shpongled-remastered

We hope you like it.

Next up will be the Remastered Super Deluxe Limited Edition Tales Of the Inexpressible 2xVinyl Album which has just gone into production. It looks super nice and even features some of Raj's water colour paintings that have never been seen. We're very pleased with it. More big news soon !

that's all for now

Stay Shpongled

On 10/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, mtaifa said:

Shipped to Norway.  It was shipped on the 4th, returned on the 10th. According to tracking it never left the UK, so no time to pay any import fees. 

Might be some address error, but I doubt it since I payed with paypal and the adress has always worked before. I have contacted Twisted, hopefully they will fix this quickly. 

What came of this? Get your records??

38 minutes ago, Widar said:

Yes, got tired of refreshing bandcamp and looking at the web page app (thanks again, Eric!) whenever my daughters wake me up at night... So I emailed and Simon from Twisted answered within 20 minutes. Great!

Thanks for spreading the word, Eric.

Did Simon say it'd "release" on those dates? Or that the preorder would occur then?

Curious about the wording used. 

I could see a pre-order happen before it technically releases. Thanks @Widar!