Po: Radiohead - Kid A & Amnesiac 12" reissues

4 minutes ago, Cloudsbelow said:

anyone get 4 good seats to seattle they'd trade for 4 ga tix?

if not.

any tips on the best way to accomplish this trade?

Find a moron? I don't go to seated shows often but aren't seats waaaaay better than general admission at those kinds of venues?

Just now, Cloudsbelow said:

depends what you're into i guess.  When i was younger i preffered GA... old bones prefer seats.

I preferred GA until I went to my first amphitheater show in 15 years and was fucking miserable the entire time haha. You couldn't sit in your seat anyway, but it was a half mile closer to the stage. 

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I preferred GA until I went to my first amphitheater show in 15 years and was fucking miserable the entire time haha. You couldn't sit in your seat anyway, but it was a half mile closer to the stage. 

seattle is key arena, so not the traditional amphitheatre.

6 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I went with 4 GA tickets for Portland. I didn't even look at the seated options as Moda seats are meh at best. Yes, standing for two hours gets old, but for this band, I won't be complaining.  Thanks for the heads up on the presale.

yeah, my wife is a little on the short side, so seats help her sight line.

I was able to get 2 GA tickets for KC.  I would have gone for seats but it seemed like the seats were going to be really far from the band.  It was a little more than I really wanted to spend, but definitely a lot better than they'll be going on the 2nd market after they definitely sellout 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:15 AM, achillesstand7 said:

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I saw that there was an XL release of the Bends from 2016. Anyone know if this has better sound quality than the From the Vaults Capitol release (which I have, that sounds pretty awful)?

I picked up the XL pressing of The Bends and it sounds much better than the Capitol release. Definitely worth re-buying this album, for me at least, to finally get a good sounding copy.

If it makes you feel any better, I secured 2 for Berkeley and I don't know how I feel about it.  Opted for the $7 insurance on each ticket because I've never spent $100+ on a show, so out the door it was $240 plus change.  You'd think I'd feel victorious but I actually feel like I just stood by and watched Ticketmaster diddle my wallet, grab its throat, and spit in its face just for the fun of it.  Fortunately my better half is a hell of a catch and she's covering her half of the purchase, but $120 is still far and away the most I've ever spent on a show.   She's thrilled and that's enough for me, but I hope to never cross that price threshold on a ticket, going forward.

A swing and a miss. I tried to get tickets for either night in Berkeley and missed all being on my work computer and phone right at 10am. Five of my others friends all tried and failed as well. Still debating if the demand was still that high or bots had a major play in it. Resale are already up too $250.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

If it makes you feel any better, I secured 2 for Berkeley and I don't know how I feel about it.  Opted for the $7 insurance on each ticket because I've never spent $100+ on a show, so out the door it was $240 plus change.  You'd think I'd feel victorious but I actually feel like I just stood by and watched Ticketmaster diddle my wallet, grab its throat, and spit in its face just for the fun of it.  Fortunately my better half is a hell of a catch and she's covering her half of the purchase, but $120 is still far and away the most I've ever spent on a show.   She's thrilled and that's enough for me, but I hope to never cross that price threshold on a ticket, going forward.

I found my ticket stub from the last time they played the Greek in Berkeley and prices 11 years ago were close to $60 including fees. I guess Radiohead has always been an expensive ticket but seeing as I just saw them at OSL the price this time around made it an easy pass. 

56 minutes ago, tvham said:

I found my ticket stub from the last time they played the Greek in Berkeley and prices 11 years ago were close to $60 including fees. I guess Radiohead has always been an expensive ticket but seeing as I just saw them at OSL the price this time around made it an easy pass. 

Of course there's a little bit of inflation to consider over the last 11 years, but that's a huge spike.  I'd love to see them for $60, holy shit.  A few weeks before Radiohead, in April, I'll be catching Sigur Rós – those were $75 after fees, and I thought that was pretty hefty.  I haven't seen either band live so I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but my bank account certainly doesn't share the same level of enthusiasm.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Of course there's a little bit of inflation to consider over the last 11 years, but that's a huge spike.  I'd love to see them for $60, holy shit.  A few weeks before Radiohead, in April, I'll be catching Sigur Rós – those were $75 after fees, and I thought that was pretty hefty.  I haven't seen either band live so I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but my bank account certainly doesn't share the same level of enthusiasm.

Sigur Ros was expensive when I saw them recently too.  Pretty sure they were the most I'd paid to see a band prior to this.

3 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Sigur Ros was expensive when I saw them recently too.  Pretty sure they were the most I'd paid to see a band prior to this.

Yeah, Sigur Rós broke the $70 mark which was my previous "record" for most-expensive show costs.  I told myself I'd probably never find myself spending more than that, prior to this morning.  Really hope they're both worth it – a lot of my all-time favorite performances I've been lucky enough to catch were had for $14 at small bar-venues, or $30 at music halls / ballrooms.  Typically favor those a lot more than larger arenas, and not just on account of the price.

5 hours ago, vanishinghouse said:

A swing and a miss. I tried to get tickets for either night in Berkeley and missed all being on my work computer and phone right at 10am. Five of my others friends all tried and failed as well. Still debating if the demand was still that high or bots had a major play in it. Resale are already up too $250.

I got mine at 10 but I only tried for Tuesday.  My friend that was trying for Monday had no luck.

2 hours ago, tvham said:

When I saw these at $95 and figured they'd be $110 with fees what I was curious what I had paid when they played the Arena in San Jose about 5 years ago. The email receipt on that was $86 so they must have been $70-75 I'm guessing 5 years ago.