PO NOW : Metallica - Hardwired...to Self Destruct

18 minutes ago, piky0032 said:

Mods on the Metallica boards just confirmed that all the pre orders will be available through amazon.......The Box set and coloured vinyl will not be exclusive to the Metstore.....So fuck $50aus in shipping ill be heading to Amazon 

That's what I was waiting for...

I never listened to more than a handful of tracks from Death Magnetic so I don't know really how it compares. Sounds like a variation on "Battery" to me which is not a bad thing. Lyrics are whatever but they're putting some balls back into Metallica here. I hope the rest of the album follows suit and takes it farther. They might as well rehash their best style to the best of their abilities at this point. The kick drum is kind of crap but I'll take it for the musical direction we're getting here.

Not sure how I feel about the new song. Listened to it a few times and it seems "ok". Just wish Kirk would get more solo time, and Lars would do something more inventive... 

Hoping a couple more listens and it might grow on me, especially seeing as everyone else has been so impressed.