Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP/Infinity On High 2xLP Hot Topic represses

I got my copy of IOH earlier today and it sounds amazing! There are some loud and noticeable pops in between songs but I don't know if that's just my discs/everyone elses too or if it came with dust (I cleaned it before playing). 

It looks so beautiful and having them accidentally repress it the same as the last one was the best mistake as I was really wanting one like it. Disc 2 has a lot less specks but I'm okay with it. 

Overall I say grab it before it's gone it's definitely worth it! (I included a watermark just in case someone tries to sell it on ebay with my pic or something)lKKlAahl.jpg

In regards to sound quality :

Finally got around to spinning FUTCT. Sounds ok. 1st couple songs of each side had no incredibly audible distortion. The final tracks on each side were different story. Sugar is pretty horrible honestly.

Also I'm playing this on Orbit Plus with Ortofon OM5E hooked up to my Denon receiver and 5 channel + power sub surround sound. Have the tone defeat on and the Treble cranked up fairly high and bass dropped jus a bit. Listening @ -21dB it's not quite unlistenable. But it definitely is quiet an drums lack dynamics. 

All in all, not worth the $27, but thought I'd check it out jus to c. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Did anyone pick up the wide run releases of IOF & Cork Tree that came out today? I read an Amazon review on Cork Tree stating it sounded as bad as the hot topic press. Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Of course it would sound the same. It was the same plates, I am sure. 

Once again, a little reminder that HT is not a record label, but rather a retailer. The label produced two variants and HT just had their own color. They will sound the same. 

• 2 years later...