Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP/Infinity On High 2xLP Hot Topic represses

4 hours ago, museummouth said:

Okay but it's going to sound really bad. Looks great though. Most of these won't get played anyway. 

You're wrong they are going to be played on turntables purchased at Urban Outfitters, bought with a matching Polaroid camera. #aesthetic

Here's a great review from discogs of the coke bottle version.

"I got my copy through Hot Topic December of 2013. both of my LP's were warped. And they sounded very compressed and distorted. the MP3 sounded better, and if you ask me, that's not the reason i collect vinyl. But the Jacket and artwork looked beautiful.
If you plan on framing this, then by all means buy one! if you plan on spinning it, think twice. You may be upset"

So buy it for framing apparently ;)

3 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Here's a great review from discogs of the coke bottle version.

"I got my copy through Hot Topic December of 2013. both of my LP's were warped. And they sounded very compressed and distorted. the MP3 sounded better, and if you ask me, that's not the reason i collect vinyl. But the Jacket and artwork looked beautiful.
If you plan on framing this, then by all means buy one! if you plan on spinning it, think twice. You may be upset"

So buy it for framing apparently ;)

wouldnt it have sounded distorted because it was warped? like, it might not be the plates....

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Trust me, @Shinjiand @museummouth; it's the plates 

Yeah, it was the worst mastering job ever. It literally sounds worse than when I heard it back in the day on MySpace at 128 KBPS.  My guess is CD sourced and not specifically mastered for vinyl, but even then, it sounds worse than that.